• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea got a transfer embargo imposed on them from UEFA didn't they? May well do something similar.
Chelsea's ban was for improperly approaching youths (oo-er...), not for FFP breaches.
City had a ban handed to them but escaped it because their lawyers were more expensive, and they didn't care about running up huge legal bills.

Spiers saying no money will be spent but (obviously) and more outgoings expected.
Hope that’s the line of Guedes, Podence Jordoa not any key players.

Don't think Spiers had any exclusives when he covered us never mind now. He's probably right but it's surely guesswork.

As sad as it is for me to say, I’ve got to the point where I don’t really care who we do or don’t sign anymore. Cheers Fosun.
Feel much the same. So long as we avoid injuries in certain key positions, most notably CH, we should have enough to finish out of the bottom three and that has to be the height of our ambition this season. I’d love GO to spring a surprise and get us looking as mid-table but it’s very much hope not expectation.

Everton will be the test case for us.

If their punishment is shit I expect...nah, demand that Jeff turns us into a mini Chelsea spending machine in January
But it’s not FFP that’s the limitation for us. The owners don’t want to spend their own money and dont want to spend the clubs to make the balance sheet look good

But it’s not FFP that’s the limitation for us. The owners don’t want to spend their own money and dont want to spend the clubs to make the balance sheet look good
As they have hidden behind FFP I am ignoring facts in this instance

Still a good group of folks going to fight for the club. Gotta just try to get behind them as best we can.

Out of darkness, etc.

Sometimes that American optimism is most welcome! ❤️

The Kilman bid being turned down is what's bugging me. Was it a desperate attempt to keep Lop happy enough to stay before it got really heated? If so is he now potentially going to go?

Basing this on the whole bringing in money thing rather than what I think of Kilman

I think it really is as simple as the club thinking he's worth more than that.

If you're desperate for $100 and all you have that anyone else wants to buy is a diamond, you're not accepting $100 for it just because that happens to be the amount you actually need. Probably? I don't know, I guess it depends on how desperate you are. Clearly, we aren't as desperate as we appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back