• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stick in the mud. 😉

Its only a good thing if we actually do something with a money, otherwise its just asset stripping
Raul, Jonny aren’t much of an asset. Neither is RAN if Lop doesn’t want to play him and I for one won’t miss Podence. I’ve no doubt there will be replacements and that whoever they are they’ll be bigger assets than anyone we sell.

It'll be hugely disappointing if we don't get a substantial amount say 20m for Podence and RAN. I would think we'll have close to 100m in sales by the end of the window. How much and how we we spend it remains to be seen. I'm encouraged by the out goings and the performance of Hobbs.

Raul, Jonny aren’t much of an asset. Neither is RAN if Lop doesn’t want to play him and I for one won’t miss Podence. I’ve no doubt there will be replacements and that whoever they are they’ll be bigger assets than anyone we sell.
We've not sold them though? My point was congratulating Wolves for selling our best asset and not signing anyone (yet) is a little premature

Surprised to see so many suggestions that RAN is in the same bucket of limited value players as Raul, Jonny, Hwang, Podence, etc. He's still perceived outside Wolves as an exciting young player with a lot of potential to develop further, and has had suitors in the past. Collins might be about to go for £25m after a bad season, and I imagine that's more in the ballpark for where RAN's value is as well.

Interesting that Collins has gone [is going?] to Brentford where Ben Mee is already. He couldn't displace Mee at Burnley but I assume Mee must have been asked his opinion on him prior to Brentford's interest?
I think it's a decent deal all round and given I sit in the North Bank and watched Collins closely last year, I don't think he was going to come good at Wolves regardless of what he goes on the achieve elsewhere. His confidence was shot, performances were terrible and the crowd was jittery every time he was involved.

Surprised to see so many suggestions that RAN is in the same bucket of limited value players as Raul, Jonny, Hwang, Podence, etc. He's still perceived outside Wolves as an exciting young player with a lot of potential to develop further, and has had suitors in the past. Collins might be about to go for £25m after a bad season, and I imagine that's more in the ballpark for where RAN's value is as well.
Agreed, I think there's a really good player in RAN and I'd be really disappointed to see him go for less than £20m

Agreed, I think there's a really good player in RAN and I'd be really disappointed to see him go for less than £20m
I'm dissappinted its not worked out for him under Lop for whatever reason. Maybe he just wants someone with more experience and prefers Bueno to RAN as the understudy

Yeah I'm not sure he'll ever be all that.

Seriously talented to be able to dribble through players the way he does but it never seems to amount to anything. Maybe in the right system he could be a big threat but I can't see it happening here.

Interesting piece in The Athletic today. Clubs are increasingly keen to have cash loaded up front in deals rather than the standard of spreading it across multiple years as it has been for the last decade or two, because inflation globally means that if you sell someone for £20m and agree that the buying club can send £5m a year (this has always been fine before)...you don't want that now as in a couple of years those final two £5m payments might not be buying you much or paying your bills particularly well.

May explain why we are getting a lot of outgoings done first (on favourable terms, you'd hope) and why it's not *just* a question of FFP, amortisation etc, we'd like to have the cold hard cash in our hands now and then use that to our advantage, especially as many clubs in Europe are skint (for instance, you will not see many big money deals in Italy now or any time soon).

I can fairly easily imagine the club/Shi thinking "what, I'm supposed to explain macroeconomics to the fans? Just blame FFP".

Fz4OQoFaMAI_bgK

So, Ocampos aside. Any one else worth trying to nab? Fake Bono maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back