• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they have a stat on unpunished feck ups by keepers?
Think my favourite one from that comes v Southampton this year when Sa slipped as he was taking a simple ball and Adams on the goal line managed to use his arm to put the ball over the line

Funny how the GK playing for the shittest team in the PL has bad stats.

Loves a save.

Probably not even remotely on our radar so don't stress too much. If nothing else this is a good example of why suggesting names is a shit idea.

Person A: suggests name

Person B: They're dreadful!

End of discussion.
What if that player really is shit?

All of his metrics are shit and the eye test tells me he's shit.

Jinky says he likes him.

Sorry Jinks, everybody else wins.

FWIW I don't think Kelleher is any better than Sa either. Too small and weak for me.

I don't think Sa is that bad but he is prone to an absolute howler.

Just for the record, I can live with Sa remaining at the club if we can't manufacture a sale with a replacement coming in. With the exception of holding midfielders I'd probably say the same for each position on the pitch.

He is capable of having good games but it doesn't make up for all the rubbish
There you go, my massively controversial position.

It isn't "the odd one or two" goals which is the line you keep bringing up when we discuss him, it's far far more than that as I've easily demonstrated. It's not like he's a hologram where every shot goes in or an Ikeme/Lonergan type where he has some absolutely obvious shortcomings which make him terrible, he can be a decent keeper, can make some excellent saves and he has had good games, it's that he's nowhere near reliable enough especially as we score so few at the other end. And at 30 and with how he generally is I don't think that's changing so we need to move on and try someone else.

If I hated him you'd know about it.

I've said it before on here but for me Sá is just the wrong profile of keeper. If it was purely down to shot stopping & commanding his area then I'd say he was just about on the wrong side of average but keepers need to be so much more than that now. He was signed because Rui wasn't suitable for the style of football we wanted to transition into (and had just come off the back off a pretty dodgy season) but for me he's completely failed in that regard. He's rubbish with the ball at his feet and has consistently fucked up when coming off his line to sweep behind the defensive line.

*whispers*

Matt Turner...?

*normal voice*

Tbf he's not brilliant with his feet in possession (which made it weird he signed for Arsenal in the first place) but he's good at last-ditch sweeping when needed.

There you go, my massively controversial position.

It isn't "the odd one or two" goals which is the line you keep bringing up when we discuss him, it's far far more than that as I've easily demonstrated. It's not like he's a hologram where every shot goes in or an Ikeme/Lonergan type where he has some absolutely obvious shortcomings which make him terrible, he can be a decent keeper, can make some excellent saves and he has had good games, it's that he's nowhere near reliable enough especially as we score so few at the other end. And at 30 and with how he generally is I don't think that's changing so we need to move on and try someone else.

If I hated him you'd know about it.
But you don't just say that, you repeatedly, probably daily tell us how shit he is, same as Kilman.

I think you just like to have a Wolves player or two that you can kick the shit out of. I kind of respect it, and it can be funny, and sometimes I agree.

Sa, Kilman, Doherty, Saunders, Lage, Rankine, Olofinjana, Ferguson, Edwards,

They've all been victims, some deserved more than others, obviously.

I'm sure there are at least 20 more.

I just eventually get tired of it and feel that I need to re address the balance a little.

Redress the balance by saying something that clearly isn't true?

I'll run it past you for checking and sub-editing next time I decide a player isn't really good enough for where we are.

Redress the balance by saying something that clearly isn't true?

I'll run it past you for checking and sub-editing next time I decide a player isn't really good enough for where we are.
What have I said that clearly isn't true?

He has 11 clean sheets this season, and has good general stats when put against the other keepers too.

Those are Rafa facts.

In response to how many shocking goals Sa gives away.

Still think it's one or two?
"Shocking goals" yes I do think it's one or two.

Goals where he could have done better, or where there are others who are far, far more culpable yeah there are more of them, such as the Maddison one.

That's the distinction. Errors vary in their severity.

"Shocking goals" yes I do think it's one or two.

Goals where he could have done better, yeah there are more of them, such as the Maddison one.

That's the distinction. Errors vary in their severity.
On those five videos:

Leeds where he lets in a terrible near post effort
2 where he passes straight to an opponent
One that he fumbles straight in
Nonsense penalty, all on him

Let's ignore a shocking effort on Brighton's 4th (?) where he lets in a tame effort.

How is that just "could have done better", they're objectively awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back