• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
There shouldn't be an order as such, we need all of a goalkeeper, a centre half and a striker as an absolute bare minimum. Which one gets here first isn't relevant so long as they all do in plenty of time before the Man Utd game, if one or more of them don't come then we're in trouble as those currently at the club are substandard.
I don't think we do need a GK or CB.

We might want to replace them but we need out first.

Whereas we need a goal scorer.

Point is though - if a keeper who is appreciably better than Sa (not difficult to find) became available for say, £15m, and we know there's interest in Sa at around that price (clubs do stupid things), you wouldn't say "looks a good deal but we can't do it yet as we haven't signed a striker".

Anyway we do need to replace him, keeping him isn't an option. Having someone who throws in so many ludicrous goals (there were plenty in his "good" season, let alone the last one) and who regularly passes the ball straight to opponents on the edge of the box cannot continue.

Are there?

Adama probably going
Not sure that's a long term position for Matheus
Sarabia isn't a winger
Podence is up for sale
Neto better on the left
Hwang can't play there (or anywhere)
Totally agree, one query though, is Podence up for sale?

Totally agree, one query though, is Podence up for sale?
Yeah, I'm certain he is. Lopetegui didn't start him much and he's got one year left on his deal. We know he won't improve from what he is now either.

Anyway we do need to replace him, keeping him isn't an option. Having someone who throws in so many ludicrous goals (there were plenty in his "good" season, let alone the last one) and who regularly passes the ball straight to opponents on the edge of the box cannot continue.
I guess if you say something enough times it becomes a fact.

You think he doesn't give away crazy goals? Look at the last two away games we played FFS.

Yeah the odd one or two, but "so many" is ludicrous. Also neither of those cost us points, we'd obviously already lost.

In fact, the Prem site has him down as 2 errors that lead to goals, I'd imagine for you "so many" is what? 10? 15?

Needless to say, I find your criticisms of Sa, Kilman, oh and Doherty so totally over the top. There seems to be hatred there, and a keen desire for them to fail so you can revel in it, I don't understand it.

Maybe it's internet hyperbole.

If Sá came to Charlotte FC, he would not improve our goalkeeping.

And that's not tongue-in-cheek like the Swiderski/Podence thing.

There are absolutely loads, certainly way too many for a Premier League keeper.

The Liverpool goal in the cup replay, have you EVER seen a Wolves keeper give away a goal like that?

How about score 2 own goals in a season (the Greenwood one somehow got credited to him but it was an OG, Sa punched it in).

Give away that many penalties charging out?

At least two last season just passing the ball straight to an opponent.

How about facing 4 shots on target twice in home games and both times conceding 4 goals?

He is capable of having good games but it doesn't make up for all the rubbish. And you cannot write it off as "we'd lost anyway", maybe all's fair when we're 3-0 down against anyone and we should see who can make the biggest comedy error, after all it doesn't matter.

I don't tolerate mediocrity or "that'll do" at this stage, why should I? I'm not paying mediocrity prices to watch it.

The Liverpool goal in the cup replay, have you EVER seen a Wolves keeper give away a goal like that?
Yep.

It was similar to Ruddy at Forest in terms of what he was anticipating to happen.

The goal looks shit but I know what he was doing there. That isn't a goal to get annoyed at him for imo.

The things to have a pop at Sa are:

Inability to cope with a press*
His habit of losing his head when the team are being twatted (Leeds in the 3-2, Brighton, Man City, Arsenal fine examples)
The fact we took away a vocal presence in our defence until Dawson arrived and he looked lost

I won't have a go at his early runs from the goal line as they stop way more things than we notice by doing them. Occasionally he gets caught out doing it (Leicester away...won't count the pens he conceded v Spurs or Villa as we were done over on those). He plays a high risk game and when its successful we don't really notice.

*Why do we ask our defence to play in a way that highlights a key weak area though?

As for "2 mistakes that led to goals":

If you can watch those five videos and say "I only think Sa was at fault for two of those goals" then I don't know what to say. And that's ignoring every other goal we conceded last season, plenty of others were down to him too.

Also when it comes the replacing Sa, best to ignore this forum as names such as Danny Ward were put forward when Rui was leaving...

Also when it comes the replacing Sa, best to ignore this forum as names such as Danny Ward were put forward when Rui was leaving...
I wish I had a monopoly on jinxing Leicester keepers. But I don't, do I.

Not sure why it's down to me all of a sudden but I'd be happy with Kelleher.

Did you watch those videos, fair to say more than 2 goals were his fault, no?

Are there?

Adama probably going
Not sure that's a long term position for Matheus
Sarabia isn't a winger
Podence is up for sale
Neto better on the left
Hwang can't play there (or anywhere)
No indication that it isn't a long term position for Matheus. Lopetegui has talked openly about how he likes playing him there.
Sarabia is definitely a winger.
Podence might be up for sale but if he stays then he's ahead of Chiquinho in the pecking order and if he goes he'll probably be replaced with a new signing.
Neto can definitely play both sides.
I don't like Hwang personally but Lopetegui does.

So that's 6th choice going into 2 positions and coming off a massive injury. He'd only just broken into the Estoril team when we signed him, I think a loan might be beneficial for him next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back