• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm, it does it takes that amortization out immediately. Sell them all for what you paid for them and you are back to zero.
It does make a difference.

Sell Neves for £47m and Kilman for £30m (lol) = £77m "profit"
Sell Guedes, Nunes and Collins for what we paid = £16.8m "profit" (even if it's ~£84m in the bank, it doesn't balance out like that)

The rules are shit but they are what they are.

How long before the Saudis pay UEFA a nice sum in order to bend the rules to allow their non-European clubs to play in the European Champions League?

It does make a difference.

Sell Neves for £47m and Kilman for £30m (lol) = £77m "profit"
Sell Guedes, Nunes and Collins for what we paid = £16.8m "profit" (even if it's ~£84m in the bank, it doesn't balance out like that)

The rules are shit but they are what they are.
I'm not saying there isn't a difference between 1 and 2.

I'm saying that Del is incorrect to say selling Guedes, Nunes and Collins makes no difference to FFP. It clearly does.

Nah, the big reason PIF invested in this new golf venture is because LIV failed and the acknowledgement is that they can't create things from scratch and hope the world follows them.

MLS tried this in the 70's and that failed and they had Pele.

Buying leagues doesn't but you competition and history and it never will, the Saudis are savvy enough to realise that
Personally I think this is significantly different to anything that’s gone before. Anyway, Pele already paid for what was already an exhibition team. I’d be looking at genuine volumes of players in their prime tuning down traditional elite football for cash in the near future. Whatever, we’ll see.

How long before the Saudis pay UEFA a nice sum in order to bend the rules to allow their non-European clubs to play in the European Champions League?
Didn't matter what UEFA say, that's down to the clubs. They could veto it.

Oh good God no.

Awful footballer, that would be a worse signing than Guedes.
Would presume a) he wants to come here and b) the manager wants him. Instantly improving upon the Guedes deal.

After Lemina and Dawson proved us all wrong my judgement will be withheld.

Personally I think this is significantly different to anything that’s gone before. Anyway, Pele already paid for what was already an exhibition team. I’d be looking at genuine volumes of players in their prime tuning down traditional elite football for cash in the near future. Whatever, we’ll see.
We will, LIV golf is the comparison here and it's failed.

I'm not saying there isn't a difference between 1 and 2.

I'm saying that Del is incorrect to say selling Guedes, Nunes and Collins makes no difference to FFP. It clearly does.
I don't think he is saying that.

It's like having a credit card bill of £1,000 with interest of 20% and the minimum payment each month is £50. Increasing that to £100 will help in the long run but not by that much. Paying it all off changes the landscape.

And this is why it's ultimately impossible for me to respect. Same with Nuno and anyone else who plays there.
Yet you respect Neves who left a team he captained in the champions league as an 18 year old to join a lower league team in a shitty part of the UK? Did you think he did it out of admiration for us?

Yet you respect Neves who left a team he captained in the champions league as an 18 year old to join a lower league team in a shitty part of the UK? Did you think he did it out of admiration for us?

Is my daughter banned from Molineux? Do they chemically castrate homosexuals on the streets of Wolverhampton?

Erm, it does it takes that amortization out immediately. Sell them all for what you paid for them and you are back to zero.
Yeah I should've made it 'far less favourable' than 'nothing' but the crux stands. We'd have to raise more from newer signings to equal the impact of selling a player who's amortisation is next to nothing

I don't think he is saying that.

It's like having a credit card bill of £1,000 with interest of 20% and the minimum payment each month is £50. Increasing that to £100 will help in the long run but not by that much. Paying it all off changes the landscape.
I'm seeing this differently then.

For example if we were to have a Wolves credit card and we bought Nunes, Guedes and Collins on it (only because we bought them all at the same time) it took us up to our repayment limit (which is where we are now according to Jeff.)

We've paid a year's worth of them off and now sold those assets for what we paid and paid off the card. We now have £0 on our credit card, no monthly repayments and 20% of whatever we sold them for in our back pockets (1year of amortisation). We now have our credit limit again along with a further 20%.

That's a big difference to me.

They won in the end though. Didn’t take long for the PGA to roll over. Didn’t matter their product was garbage.
They didn't, they lost completely and have handed over power to the PGA.

The PGA won and didn't roll over as they now have total power in golf (or will when the framework becomes a company).

They didn't, they lost completely and have handed over power to the PGA.

The PGA won and didn't roll over as they now have total power in golf (or will when the framework becomes a company).
Greg might have lost, but the Saudis have won. You see it different to the analysts I read, but maybe you’re right, genuinely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back