• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg might have lost, but the Saudis have won. You see it different to the analysts I read, but maybe you’re right, genuinely.
Saudis have certainly put money in to get a foothold in the sport but LIV (and the ETP to a certain extent) have lost.

The PGA and specifically their CEO have won the jackpot. They get total power.

I'm really not comfortable with it.

They didn't, they lost completely and have handed over power to the PGA.

The PGA won and didn't roll over as they now have total power in golf (or will when the framework becomes a company).
Do you know who the Chairman of the combined PGA/LIV structure is going to be?

Maybe I should be disassociating ‘LIV’ and the Saudis. Either way, I’m seriously worried about where all this is going.

I’ll park my concerns if they’d like Fabio Silva as the Richard Bland to Neves’s Cam Smith.

Well, as per my comment in here when the news broke earlier, I’m very, very surprised he’s going there.

Amazing money for Wolves, but he deserves CL football.

We have to trust the recruitment team to get it right now.

It’s all very well moralising about the Saudis or China etc - but they only have the money they have as a consequence of our avarice. We want their fuel and their cheap labour so we give them money, it’s something Britain in particular has been very good at for many years.

It’s fine to dislike it but it’s not fine to do it from a point of moral superiority, we are the country which in general codified legal restrictions against homosexuality across the world as an example.

It's just a semantic difference between PIF and LIV. Whichever way you look at it, Saudi owns golf
This is what I’m getting at. Yassir Al-Ramayyan is now literally Jay Monahan’s boss. PIF have a seat on the BoD of PGA.

I don’t see how the Saudis didn’t win there.

It's obviously the best deal for the club financially but I find it hugely disappointing, feels like hes given up on any football credibility.
I'm very happy to have had him at Wolves so long and he'll always be a Wolves legend to me.

It's just a semantic difference between PIF and LIV. Whichever way you look at it, Saudi owns golf
It really isn't semantics, LIV golf has died on the vine and the Saudis knew this so moved to try to create power in golf. In doing so they handed that power to the Americans.

PIF is the Saudi government investment arm.

The American government is now very unhappy that the Saudi government are part of creating a for profit company to control golf based on a few conversations nobody else was privy to, particularly them (the American government).

There is still a hell of a lot of work to do on this deal, probably 2 or 3 years worth.

Regarding neves. He hasn’t actually agreed terms has he. Surely he won’t say no?

500k a week
You can’t really blame him then. With the lack of a bid from a Champions League club, that would be pretty hard to turn down.

I’d be tempted to throw my morals out of the window for £26m a year to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back