• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
NASL did that first push in the 70s.

/pedant

Flipping back to an earlier discussion...could Coady be the man Collins needs to help him
No. Coady only works with 3atb and our squad just doesn't work in that formation.

We should just say thanks to Conor and wish him all the best on his career at Sheffield United.

No. Coady only works with 3atb and our squad just doesn't work in that formation.

We should just say thanks to Conor and wish him all the best on his career at Sheffield United.
More in an off the pitch, guiding sense

You're dreaming if you think this changes our strategy.

Jeff has told Lop the taps are off and we need to make £50m in profit and move players out.
Of course it changes it to at least some extent. We've suddenly got nearly double what we were expecting for our headline sale.

Well at least his partner can drive the kids to school and enter a football stadium, ay.

That's an expensive mentor wage wise.

Still think we're better off if he goes. Everybody moves on at some point. Conor did last season.
You know me...look at every option. It was mentioned Coady will now stay so looking at what that would potentially bring

Quite happy he’s going there if it completes.

1. Not to a club in premier league so doesn’t bite us on the arse
2. Money we’re happy with
3. Not to Barca on a shitty swap deal
4. Solves a few of our supposed FFP issues

Shame he’s gone their as he IMO deserves a top team, but he’ll be making a mint, so do t blame him.

Thanks for the memories, Ruben

Of course it changes it to at least some extent. We've suddenly got nearly double what we were expecting for our headline sale.
If we're smart we're seeing how much we can get from Saudi before the bubble bursts. Aït-Nouri, Podence, Sá, Fábio, Guedes... There's a lot of Portuguese over there now. We might get an extra 30% over what we expected for each sale.

Didn’t we only need around £35-40m to solve the FFP issue in the first place?

I don't think it will until we sell at least 2 more for £30m+
I think Hobbs said something along the lines of 'we've got deals lined up for every position in case someone leaves', so I could see us signing a midfielder now.

Didn’t we only need around £35-40m to solve the FFP issue in the first place?

Depends on who we sell. Selling Nunes, Collins or Guedes for near what we paid does nothing as the fee will be broadly balanced by the outstanding amortisation. Sell Neves and/or Kilman and it's all FFP profit/wiggle room

I think Hobbs said something along the lines of 'we've got deals lined up for every position in case someone leaves', so I could see us signing a midfielder now.
I don't think it precludes us from spending money but I think it will be in the up to £15m range and not the Alex Scott £25m range

Depends on who we sell. Selling Nunes, Collins or Guedes for near what we paid does nothing as the fee will be broadly balanced by the outstanding amortisation. Sell Neves and/or Kilman and it's all FFP profit/wiggle room
Erm, it does it takes that amortization out immediately. Sell them all for what you paid for them and you are back to zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back