• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be amazed if he goes their. He wants Champions League, he is already financially secure for life now.

He could sign here and get £75k+ a week , just don't see him giving up Champions league

75k a week secures him and his kids future comfortably what he’ll earn in Saudi will give his kids, grand kids a life of luxury.

The nice thing about this Neves deal is that it's deeply sad BUT we'd have been properly in the brown stuff had this happened last year. At least now we have a succession plan with Gomes and Lemina putting in some decent games together.

£47m is absolutely blinding money for us, it basically removes the issue of FFP completely. It's gutting from a footballing point of view, a real waste but I guess we're going to see a lot more of it in the coming windows

Like I say, might be that it's a 'parting gift' to us, especially if Uncle Jorge has promised him Barca further down the line.

I will be amazed if he goes their. He wants Champions League, he is already financially secure for life now.

He could sign here and get £75k+ a week , just don't see him giving up Champions league
Or he can go there and get £500k per week

Del's right, it will happen a fair bit for at least the next couple of years. And I kind of get it, short career, sporting integrity or whatever you want to call it counts for fuck all when you're retired, you've got nothing to do and have potentially cost yourself millions in your prime. Doesn't mean I like it though and I'll have the same interest in watching it as I do the IPL, ie zero.

Just read that Bristol want circa £30-35m for Scott, so that may not be happening...

Del's right, it will happen a fair bit for at least the next couple of years. And I kind of get it, short career, sporting integrity or whatever you want to call it counts for fuck all when you're retired, you've got nothing to do and have potentially cost yourself millions in your prime. Doesn't mean I like it though and I'll have the same interest in watching it as I do the IPL, ie zero.
Being annoyed at the Saudis is fair game IMO, I worry though that people will hold this against Ruben personally.

Not on here... Digs us out of a hole and sets himself up for life. Back to Europe when his contract runs out on a free. Good luck to him

So would the family actually live in Saudi, or would they stay in Dubai which is at least almost, vaguely palatable.

So would the family actually live in Saudi, or would they stay in Dubai which is at least almost, vaguely palatable.
On his wages he could build a new town for himself

There’s an air of the ‘cool news, you can go and see Bee Eaters in Norfolk this summer’ about this for me. Definitely great we got a wheelbarrow of cash, and no problem with Neves himself for me. A harbinger of something more ominous going on though.

Our cunt portion of fans hate Nuno, I don't care what they think.
Well it’s for Ruben’s sake that I worry, not ours.

It’ll annoy me the same as anti-Nuno shit does.

I mean, our fans are cockwombles, but you can't hate the bloke: he could easily have turned around and gone "nah I still want Barca, so you better roll out the red carpet for Fati, Jeff".

Instead, he has basically solved the FFP issues on his own and we've retained one of the best managers we've had in recent years.

It’s all well and good us cashing in now (and I mean that - it is clearly good compared to alternatives), but very quickly the change is we’ll see lots of quality players at their peak outside of Europe to cash in just as has been pointed out as sound logic above. Ultimately that will all be prioritised above any idea of glory or the value of trophies, just like Smith did when he could have been embarking on a run of winning the big titles in golf. I can’t imagine it’s any sort of shenanigans to get back to Europe, I think it’s a massive disruption in the game gathering momentum right now. And its sht.
Nah, the big reason PIF invested in this new golf venture is because LIV failed and the acknowledgement is that they can't create things from scratch and hope the world follows them.

MLS tried this in the 70's and that failed and they had Pele.

Buying leagues doesn't but you competition and history and it never will, the Saudis are savvy enough to realise that

It's odd as when he posted his 'goodbye' to Moutinho he said "we'll meet again soon, you know where" and, well...

At least we've got this done nice and quick, rather than once the season kicks off. It means we could potentially start moving for Alex Scott early if that's the way we're going to go. £47m for Neves in his last year must give us decent FFP wiggle room?
You're dreaming if you think this changes our strategy.

Jeff has told Lop the taps are off and we need to make £50m in profit and move players out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back