• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way you'd get away with fake transfers and fake loans to circumvent FFP. Newcastle want as little heat as possible from the authorities since PIF managed to admit during the LIV golf saga that they actually are a state-owned and state-controlled entity, which they'd previously assured the Premier League they aren't.

There's no way you'd get away with fake transfers and fake loans to circumvent FFP. Newcastle want as little heat as possible from the authorities since PIF managed to admit during the LIV golf saga that they actually are a state-owned and state-controlled entity, which they'd previously assured the Premier League they aren't.
It’s far too blatant. Like luring a journalist into an Embassy and murdering and dismembering him and thinking you can get away with it…

In some ways it’s a shame as it’s obviously not what he wants competitively, but if he’s been offered enough money to turn him away from that then it must be an incredible amount. More power to him.

Not having the “lost respect for him” thing, I challenge anyone to be offered the sorts of money Saudi can throw around and not have to seriously consider taking it.

He won't be going to Newcastle on loan: as Deutsch said, Newcastle will want to avoid any heat and allegations.

This is purely a Jorge Mendes deal, and it's a shame. I imagine Ruben's also partly sacrificing Champions League football on the thoughts that:

a) Sort of an up-and-coming league (?) with many big players going there
b) Sets his family up for life money wise.
c) Gets us out some financial brown stuff.

I only care what’s best for Wolves. So if that’s a big bid from Saudi then great.

I am allowed to say it would be a waste of talent though. Same as I’ve said it for every other non past it player who is going there.

He’s only on 50k ish at the moment because he hasn’t signed a new deal since we got promoted (as it’s never been about money). Could have got double that years ago but wouldn’t have had leverage to leave.

Doesn’t add up so there’s got to be something dodgy somewhere.

I can’t imagine it’s the best place for a young non Muslim family to live, all the money in the world won’t help if it’s a shit place to live with an unhappy family.
Nurse friend of mine lived and worked there years ago when her oil executive hubby got a job in Riyadh, she hated it, said it was worse than when they lived Mozambique during a civil war, where she got shot defending her hospital.
She’s currently working at DTMH ( disease, tropical medicine and hygiene) in London as a tutor, her desk is opposite one of the men who identified Ebola

I don't know if it's as simple as: sets his family up, gets us out of some serious FFP brown stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if the latter is more of a bearing than we think.

No reason he can't move back to Europe in 1-2 years.

£500k a week is more than Haaland is on though*

*at least through official channels!

He’s only on 50k ish at the moment because he hasn’t signed a new deal since we got promoted (as it’s never been about money). Could have got double that years ago but wouldn’t have had leverage to leave.

Think he did sign an extension of some kind along the way. We just never announced it.

5 year deal in 2018 but he's still got a year left now.

One of 2 things.

1) Newcastle dodgy deal but that's balanced out by them showing no prior interest in him
2) Jorge has promised him Barca and to cushion the blow got him this ridiculous pay deal for a year or 2 (with a side of getting us a good deal)

Saudi's have allocated billions to attract players and not just carers ending pay day players so could just be legitimate in a sport washing sense

I can't see a world where he ends up at Newcastle on loan in the coming months because you'll just get the likes of Arsenal, City, et al kicking up a stink (not that they're whiter than white, but still).

Think he did sign an extension of some kind along the way. We just never announced it.

5 year deal in 2018 but he's still got a year left now.
That’s the one I mean. He signed a new deal when we got promoted which doubled his pay probably from 25-50k. Rather than the low pay, high bonus or however we fiddled it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back