• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barca is his preferred destination as we have known for awhile now. However, with them seem to be twiddling their thumbs, Al-Hilal looks to be the best spot for him right now. 47m is a fantastic deal for us and he gets paid an obscene amount in wages. If the reports are accurate and Neves agrees with going there, I think we need to get this done ASAP.

He can always go to Barca down the road.

That’s the one I mean. He signed a new deal when we got promoted which doubled his pay probably from 25-50k. Rather than the low pay, high bonus or however we fiddled it.
Yeah but he must have signed something else since. Otherwise he'd be on a free now.

I only care what’s best for Wolves. So if that’s a big bid from Saudi then great.

I am allowed to say it would be a waste of talent though. Same as I’ve said it for every other non past it player who is going there.
No doubt. All go there just because of the money. Which is fair enough, they only have one life to live and their career could end at any time. China did the same thing for awhile also, but they finally stopped for the most part.

It’s all well and good us cashing in now (and I mean that - it is clearly good compared to alternatives), but very quickly the change is we’ll see lots of quality players at their peak outside of Europe to cash in just as has been pointed out as sound logic above. Ultimately that will all be prioritised above any idea of glory or the value of trophies, just like Smith did when he could have been embarking on a run of winning the big titles in golf. I can’t imagine it’s any sort of shenanigans to get back to Europe, I think it’s a massive disruption in the game gathering momentum right now. And its sht.

It's odd as when he posted his 'goodbye' to Moutinho he said "we'll meet again soon, you know where" and, well...

At least we've got this done nice and quick, rather than once the season kicks off. It means we could potentially start moving for Alex Scott early if that's the way we're going to go. £47m for Neves in his last year must give us decent FFP wiggle room?

Great deal for us and if he thinks it’s the best deal for him and his family in the long term then good luck to him. Would’ve preferred to see him at Barca etc but I am far more interested in how we benefit

It's odd as when he posted his 'goodbye' to Moutinho he said "we'll meet again soon, you know where" and, well...

At least we've got this done nice and quick, rather than once the season kicks off. It means we could potentially start moving for Alex Scott early if that's the way we're going to go. £47m for Neves in his last year must give us decent FFP wiggle room?
Neves has £0 amortisation left.

If it's £47m then for FFP purposes it's all profit, straight away.

Neves plus RAN, Podence & Sa = potentially signing 6 or so players
Kilman = Profit club want
Raul, Jonny, Sarkic, Coady, Sanderson and whoever else = bonus.

I will be amazed if he goes their. He wants Champions League, he is already financially secure for life now.

He could sign here and get £75k+ a week , just don't see him giving up Champions league

Neves plus RAN, Podence & Sa = potentially signing 6 or so players
Kilman = Profit club want
Raul, Jonny, Sarkic, Coady, Sanderson and whoever else = bonus.

Kilman would be the ideal one to sell next really. Especially if he's valued in the £30m bracket and the likes of Spurs want him.

I will be amazed if he goes their. He wants Champions League, he is already financially secure for life now.

He could sign here and get £75k+ a week , just don't see him giving up Champions league
They will be playing in the AFC Champion's League tbf:LOL:

50/50 for me now.

Was 100% he was leaving last week though

I feel like he's the kind of player JL would take to: model pro, gives the manager options.

Kilman will leave if anyone, followed by RAN as those are your two profit makers. I think we'll stick it out with Collins.

Flipping back to an earlier discussion...could Coady be the man Collins needs to help him

We'll make money on Sa too and it won't be hard to find someone better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back