• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afaict he's in demand as he's been named the 47th best Premier League player 22/23. Full write up over at https://www.molineux.news/news/max-...layer-of-2022-23-by-sports-analytics-company/

The gist of what the analytics company said: “There is not one challenge facet where Wolves defender Max Kilman has graded lower than 70.0, standing out as a dominant aerial presence that could see rival clubs come calling.

“With broadcasters reminding us regularly of Kilman’s background in futsal, his 90.5 aerial duel grade ranks third in his position.”

Afaict he's in demand as he's been named the 47th best Premier League player 22/23. Full write up over at https://www.molineux.news/news/max-...layer-of-2022-23-by-sports-analytics-company/

The gist of what the analytics company said: “There is not one challenge facet where Wolves defender Max Kilman has graded lower than 70.0, standing out as a dominant aerial presence that could see rival clubs come calling.

“With broadcasters reminding us regularly of Kilman’s background in futsal, his 90.5 aerial duel grade ranks third in his position.”
Stats really are shit… or my eyes are truly fucked

Just a misrepresentation of the numbers innit. Kilman is good in the air when his positioning is right; but it's his poor instincts that leave him out of position to make those plays too often. Doing the right things in the right spots makes you a decent defender, but being unable to adjust from bad positions means that decent is probably as good as you'll get. No shock that his best spell here came whilst Conor was holding his hand.

Naturally, PFF don't appear to be making the underlying methodology available, so any writeup they produce is about as useful as a flat earth theory.

Anyway, the transfer window opens in the morning. How many weeks before our first signing?

Maguire was only decent for Leicester when he had someone better alongside him to get him out of trouble. The ultimate kick and head it merchant but with a stupid price tag.

Turns like the Torrey Canyon, is slow as fuck, and is paid like Beyoncé.

Apart from that it’s a wonderful idea.

If we get Maguire, I'm taking cyanide so won't have to see that lump of crap play for our beloved club.

Anyway, the transfer window opens in the morning. How many weeks before our first signing?

We’ll start trying to sign people about 10 minutes before the deadline, having sold Neves 5 minutes before, anyway it’s close season, then pre season training, then pre season tours, then season kick off, no chance of doing anything because of all that

Nice rumour on sky sports to start the day, also pretty sure that’s the first time we’ve been top of the ‘paper talk’

Jorge Mendes is getting desperate in his attempts to offload Ruben Neves…. 🙄

Reported fee for Kondogbia is €5-6M.

We should be all over that.
I agree that seems a good price, but isn't he a defensive midfielder? Don't we have more pressing needs? I realise we've lost Moutinho and will probably lose Neves. So maybe JL doesn't trust Gomes, Lemina and Bouba enough?

I agree that seems a good price, but isn't he a defensive midfielder? Don't we have more pressing needs? I realise we've lost Moutinho and will probably lose Neves. So maybe JL doesn't trust Gomes, Lemina and Bouba enough?
We have needs all over the squad. If Neves leaves and Matheus is considered a wide midfielder then 1 of the 4 options for the 2 central midfield slots is Joe Hodge. It's A need even if it isn't the most pressing one.

Remember him being a bit more box to box at Monaco so he can do it. He'd be our best midfielder by a fair margin.

Bouba and Gomes haven't started 15 games in Prem between them yet. So I can see the thought process behind looking at another option.

The previous 3 posts are all fair enough, as said, it's peanuts so probably worthwhile.
I've got into the panic mode about CBs, Strikers and wide forwards too early😄

He's spent time at LB & CB as well so may be considered for those positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back