• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever the plan was prior to COVID was almost certainly chucked out the window by said pandemic tbf.

£8-15 is fine. Weird, but fine. You can pick good players up in that price range.

What I was worried about earlier on was the implication that Hobbs & Lope Jr were searching in this bracket but were then told we couldn't even afford that.
It's the 2023 McCarthy premier league budget level.

The difference between now and then is our scope of what we wanted seemed so narrow then.

The transfer plan does read like a weak students GCSE planing for a project though.

"next time I not spend massive amounts on players who aren't very good and instead spend less money on players but players who are betterer"

The January signings were all pretty good, so if we effectively used this summers budget to get them then that’s not a massive issue. In theory we should be able to get enough money in for the players Julen doesn’t want and bring in what we need. I really don’t think we’re that far away and having Lopetegui still here should be a massive help

Maybe Hobbs and Shi have realized we just need to get rid of a bunch of, er, iffy players.

Yes its annoying but not all together unexpected. Trust will still make some decent signings before August. Like the openness of Hobbs tbh. Don't like when people high up sugarcoat things, tell us how it is.

Maybe Hobbs and Shi have realized we just need to get rid of a bunch of, er, iffy players.
Easier said than done. Doubt we get fees for Jonny or Raul. Podence is at a best £10m but doubt we even get that if we find a buyer. Hwang amazingly seems to have enough admirers but we’d probably get about what we paid for him.

I find it remarkable how openly they are admitting that basically we performed a bait and switch on Lopetegui and that the project is now different to what was promised when he came in. What changed? FFP isn’t a new challenge.

Easier said than done. Doubt we get fees for Jonny or Raul. Podence is at a best £10m but doubt we even get that if we find a buyer. Hwang amazingly seems to have enough admirers but we’d probably get about what we paid for him.
What I mean is I’m delusional and choosing to believe that money isn’t actually an issue.

Guesses Inc..

Spent more than they thought they would to back him in January
Realised they wasted a huge chunk of money last summer and won't get it back
Told Jorge to do one and he won't move around our shit players out of spite
Fosun not prepared to chunk money due to concerns of the Government going all Russia on China

Don't really know and never will i guess. As long as Lopetegui is happy so am I

If we were spending a chunk of our summer budget in January then why the fuck did we spend £40m on a player who is worth nowhere near that and didn’t even start all that regularly? It just sums up the Fosun approach. It’s a mess.
You would really struggle with a team with genuinely bad owners.

I have said before I am not that big an admirer of Cunha compared to others, what I have seen from him feels like we have spent about 40m on a Che Adams bottom of the lower half at best calibre player; with no real great attributes. However, he was a target of the manager, came from overseas and adapted fairly well into a new league and a dire situation and did play a role. So I am behind him being here, getting the pre-season and seeing if he does have more.

Which might not sound like much but I don't have that same stance for Nunes, Collins or Guedes (although he is in his own category obviously).

Last edited:
If we were spending a chunk of our summer budget in January then why the fuck did we spend £40m on a player who is worth nowhere near that and didn’t even start all that regularly? It just sums up the Fosun approach. It’s a mess.
I'm hoping they sell.

They clearly got to the end of their original plan of selling when we were consistently performing and challenging for Europe.

Now they don't have a plan and don't know what to do.

I'm hoping they sell.
Kept that quiet!

They will sell at some point but I hope when they do they don't just offload us on anyone.
Watched too many clubs get shitty owner after shitty owner.

We have slightly incompetent at times owners but not going to wish them to fuck off just yet

Kept that quiet!

They will sell at some point but I hope when they do they don't just offload us on anyone.
Watched too many clubs get shitty owner after shitty owner.

We have slightly incompetent at times owners but not going to wish them to fuck off just yet
They're just Chinese Ashley's. Plenty of Newcastle fans wanted him out and he sold to the right people.

It's probably the one thing I think Fosun would get right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back