• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta admit, the Cunha <=> Che comparison stopped me dead for a minute.

They're just Chinese Ashley's. Plenty of Newcastle fans wanted him out and he sold to the right people.

It's probably the one thing I think Fosun would get right.
Fosun have got plenty right.
Admittedly since Covid its been, at best, poor though.

Chinese owners across our region have been appalling bar ours. 1 got lucky he didn't wipe a club off the map, 1 started a run of shite owners and another is currently doing his best to fuck them over.
I would be more nervous about who they sell onto.

He’s alright. £40m is bizarre though. I said it at the time that I wasn’t sure how a player who was surplus to requirements and didn’t pull up any tree was increasing his value by over 50% in 18 months

Fosun have got plenty right.
Admittedly since Covid its been, at best, poor though.

Chinese owners across our region have been appalling bar ours. 1 got lucky he didn't wipe a club off the map, 1 started a run of shite owners and another is currently doing his best to fuck them over.
I would be more nervous about who they sell onto.
Undoubtedly they had a good 24 months.

4 years ago.

Steve Bruce has had a good 24 months at some point.

Steve Bruce has had a good 24 months at some popoint.
He did and wrote 3 cracking books during it...not sure what he did with the other 23 and a half months though.

You hate Fosun, so never going to persuade you on it.
I think they are OK.wish they would look at replacing the man they have put in charge but certainly don't want them out of the door just yet. So I'm out of this chat for today.

It takes a lot to live up to a 40 m price tag. Has Cunha done that yet? Not even close. Will he? Fuck knows.

I miss having a pint with Johnny. It would be great to mention Fosun and Fabio Silva in the same sentence and watch him combust.

So with the £8-15M thing confirmed, the criteria that Hobbs lined out in his press release last night ("A number of the players we’re looking at we’ve been aware of for a while. We understand what worked so well in January, knowledge of the Premier League, age, experience, quality and character") and our obvious needs on the pitch (goalkeeper, centre back, right back, central midfield, wide forward and striker. Some of those depending on outgoings), who do we think we'll target this summer?

Kondogbia seems like an obvious one and would be an excellent signing at €5-6M. Hopefully we can get that one over the line.

Unfortunately I think we'll sign Michail Antonio to compete with Sasa up front. He ticks a number of those boxes and we know we've been interested with him in the past. At the very least he'll occupy the centre backs and cause a nuisance in the way Costa did, except he still has a bit of pace left.

Scott, Taremi & Gyökeres will probably be beyond us at the £15M limit, as will Garcia at Osasuna as he has a €20M release clause.

We could still end up with some Barca crap as part of the Neves deal as well. Ez Abde potentially?

Interesting that he talks about the players who went out on loan, but doesn't mention Fabio.
They clearly read TWF and didn't want to cause Johnny to spontaneously combust. Just merely a fume. When he's calmed down a bit, they'll release an article confirming Fabio has the number 9 shirt next season.

Interesting that he talks about the players who went out on loan, but doesn't mention Fabio.
Fabio, Hoever, Campbell, Guedes or Bolla.

I don't think it was deliberate, more picking out the players that have done well on loan and could all be sold/ moved out on loan again.

He also claimed MGW earned his move rather than falling out with Lage and Toti playing on loan was deliberate rather than a Mendes favour that exposed completely shit recruitment.

Quite a lot of this statement is very carefully worded.

Mate, go outside its sunny...enjoy the weather, shout at the singing birds, kick a brexit supporter or something. You are winding yourself and adding layers to shit to justify your anger and its make you angrier (Paddy-lite)

Mate, go outside its sunny...enjoy the weather, shout at the singing birds, kick a brexit supporter or something. You are winding yourself and adding layers to shit to justify your anger and its make you angrier (Paddy-lite)
I think you may have read my post wrong.

Reactions: b3h
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back