• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd genuinely have current day Carlos Kameni ahead of Jekyll Sa.

IIRC he was always good for a massive howler (like, "the fix is in" shit) once a season, but he'll always be the guy from Málaga with the ridiculous reflexes to me.

He was at the last pre season game in the full training gear and I think Modeste M'Bami was at the game too wasn't he think that was also really close?

Percy reckons we turned down £20m from Brentford for Nathan Stearman. Er, why.

Cut and run.

From Percy's article about Julen staying, it sounds like any signings are expected to be in the £8-15 million range, and that Coady and Giles are going to be reintegrated into the squad.

Podence, Ait-Nouri and Sa are all up for sale at the right price.

Last edited:
£8-15 is fine. Weird, but fine. You can pick good players up in that price range.

What I was worried about earlier on was the implication that Hobbs & Lope Jr were searching in this bracket but were then told we couldn't even afford that.

Don't think any sane wolves fan is expecting us to be consistently spending 35-50m on players every window anyway so this seems a big fuss over nothing for me.

Chris Scudder in from Spurs to join the recruitment team.

No, me neither.

Can't remember last time Spurs 'emerged' any talent..

This £8-15M thing... I mean, whatever. I've no issue with targeting players in that range. It's sensible to set limits on spending so if £15M is the upper limit of what we're comfortable with spending on one player then that's fine. My issue with it is how long is this plan going to last.

Our recruitment has swerved wildly from one 'long term' plan to the next for so long. They sit down, they make a plan, they talk about it publicly (either through official media sources or through LL/Timbo/PTS) and then 6 months later they're doing something completely different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back