• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
A mere £250k a week, can't see any problem there.

Lage knows Felix well, gerrim back.

Mout gone - 100k
Raul going - 100k
Almost there...
50% of Felix's wages plus a slightly bigger loan fee.

Not saying it is realistic but there are ways.

50% of Felix's wages plus a slightly bigger loan fee.

Not saying it is realistic but there are ways.
It'd be stupid though wouldn't it, like it was stupid Chelsea doing it when they already weren't making top four, were out of the cups and were not going to win the Champions League. Or Villa signing Coutinho (they had the double whammy of having a preview loan of seeing he was nothing more than a very expensive luxury and then still bought him).

Vanity crap, what do we get in a year if he happens to be brilliant? He isn't going to be the difference between us making Europe or not, or winning a trophy or not, all on his own. And we don't get anything if he gets sold somewhere for a huge fee.

It'd be stupid though wouldn't it, like it was stupid Chelsea doing it when they already weren't making top four, were out of the cups and were not going to win the Champions League. Or Villa signing Coutinho (they had the double whammy of having a preview loan of seeing he was nothing more than a very expensive luxury and then still bought him).

Vanity crap, what do we get in a year if he happens to be brilliant? He isn't going to be the difference between us making Europe or not, or winning a trophy or not, all on his own. And we don't get anything if he gets sold somewhere for a huge fee.
Would Neves fancy a bit of Simeone-ball

They have always liked our now £85m rated right back as well

I do love the stupid parts of a transfer window

It sounds stupid, but the club needs someone to score goals and he could maybe do that in a way that doesn't mean we spend loads of money on a permanent fee and helps protects us from FFP concerns.

Even if we only had him for a season it could be a good investment to help keep us up. If it doesn't work then we haven't lost out on £25m+ like we did with Guedes.

People say we could be top 10 with Lopetegui over a full season. Add in a decent goal scorer and it could well push us to 7th/8th.

Completely agree, but the club needs someone to score goals and he could maybe do that in a way that doesn't mean we spend loads of money on a permanent fee and helps protects us from FFP concerns.

Even if we only had him for a season it could be a good investment to help keep us up and maybe even get us into European places. If it doesn't work then we haven't lost out on £25m+ like we did with Guedes.
If we had everything else on board I might go along with it, maybe.

As it stands we don't have a keeper who's anything like good enough, we have one centre half who is 33 that we know is good enough and a "maybe" next to him (the rest are shit), only one RB that we trust, no goals from central midfield, a collection of wide players who don't score and no definitive solution to play up front.

----------------------New GK-----------------------

Semedo--------Dawson----Toti/New CH------Bueno

-------------Gomes----------Lemina---------------

----New RW---------Cunha-----------Neto/Sarabia----------

-------------------New ST/Sasa-----------------------

I suspect Julen wants to go along these lines next season. Neto or Sarabia as a starter is a call that requires a lot of heavy lifting right now, I know.

Need some squad depth too as if Bolla isn't up to it we don't have a serviceable back up RB, and if RAN goes there's no one backing up Jonny. Plus we need more than three centre halves even assuming Unidentified New Guy is any good (I don't want Kilman or Collins even on the bench, we'll see where Yerson is at Christmas). Notionally you could have Chiquinho on the right but it'd be unfair to expect too much too quickly from him.

Funds to be generated* from Sa, Jonny, Hoever, Kilman, Collins, Coady, RAN, Neves, Hwang, Podence, Raul and Guedes...I mean, you have to squint very hard with everyone other than Ruben and at a push RAN, don't you. We're reliant on other clubs being idiots there.

I just hope we're busy behind the scenes. Not arsed about rumours but that's a lot of work to do in less than two months.

*Sarkic, Giles and Sanderson too, forgot them initially

Last edited:
Harry Maguire on £190k a week. Harry Maguire who turns like a skip next to 33 year old Craig Dawson.

I don't think you or they have thought this one through.

Harry Maguire on £190k a week. Harry Maguire who turns like a skip next to 33 year old Craig Dawson.

I don't think you or they have thought this one through.
As per my post yesterday, I think he’s a good defender and just needs to leave Old Trafford ASAP.

I do, however, concede that we have no chance of signing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back