• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good player (West Ham never know how to use strikers, they wasted Haller similarly).

But on this front we can't compete. European football and moving back home vs....what exactly. If it's a loan then he earns the same as he does now whatever happens.

I get that part but West Ham wouldn't loan him if we could offer them 3/4 of their money back and Roma won't do that imo.

Thats been the story since the start of this saga.
Seems we said fuck off at the idea early on and Fati agreed with the sentiment

I thought it was straight swap and neither Fati nor us fancied it. I'm gobsmacked the cheeky bastards want cash as well.

I get that part but West Ham wouldn't loan him if we could offer them 3/4 of their money back and Roma won't do that imo.
Think he wants to go back to Italy. He binned his agent off a few months ago and got a new one with the intention of getting him back to Italy

Probably not a very realistic one. It was just a rhetorical question IIRC.
Oh, not a dig aimed in your direction. But if someone had linked him to us then, my answer wouldn't have been "don't need him bruv, Romain Saiss is obviously better", it would have been "that's ludicrous, we can't afford him and he wouldn't come here".

Was it Antonio who basically called Scamacca lazy? His exact words were more polite, but the implication was pretty clear: can't be arsed fighting for the ball

I thought Scamacca looked really bad for them. Less skillful Podence. Think every time I saw him play he did at least three things that were blatantly dumb.

I think it was a bit kinder than that. Essentially if you want to play up front for Moyes then you have to run the channels relentlessly and be very adept at occupying the centre halves physically. He doesn't want to/can't do that but then don't sign him for £35m as he's never done that.

Oh, not a dig aimed in your direction. But if someone had linked him to us then, my answer wouldn't have been "don't need him bruv, Romain Saiss is obviously better", it would have been "that's ludicrous, we can't afford him and he wouldn't come here".
Wasn't taken as one! And yeah, I'd have said the same tbh, even if I did have my doubts about him at the time.

Podence is one of the most skilful players we've had over the last half a dozen years.
Aye, and if you take that away what's left? Just the bad decisions, and IMO Scamacca looked addicted to making the same bad decisions Pod loves to make.

Podence is one of the most skilful players we've had over the last half a dozen years.
Yep, he just has no idea when or how to use it. Never going to either.

I imagine he's as good on the training ground as Steve Corica was in 1996 when McGhee insisted he was better than Georgi Kinkladze. We don't get points for mad skillz on a Wednesday morning though Mark.

Aye, and if you take that away what's left? Just the bad decisions, and IMO Scamacca looked addicted to making the same bad decisions Pod loves to make.
So you're saying Scamacca is just Podence without the technique/ skill?

I think it was a bit kinder than that. Essentially if you want to play up front for Moyes then you have to run the channels relentlessly and be very adept at occupying the centre halves physically. He doesn't want to/can't do that but then don't sign him for £35m as he's never done that.

Seems to be a guilty pleasure across various clubs

So you're saying Scamacca is just Podence without the technique/ skill?
That's more or less what I judged as I saw him last season, yeah. Not an exact 1:1, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back