• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where to put this but there's a lovely bit of hindsight happening on Twitter with people laughing at Wolves fans not wanting Stones three years ago.

Might look silly now, but we had the 5th-best defence in the league at the end of 19/20 and had just reached the Europa League QFs. Was it really that outlandish to not want an error-prone Stones?

If we manage to offload Kilman and Collins in the same window (and for actual money!?!) it will be some coup tbh (pending the quality of their replacements, of course).
Get replacements no problem, Dawson cost pennies and anyway Coady will be back and maybe also Saiss😉

If we can make a profit on Collins I’d let him go. He never fills me with any kind of confidence. That said, he seems to be admired from several people within the game & it wouldn’t surprise me to see him move on to bigger and better things as he’s still young.

Scamacca going to Roma on loan, would be absolutely ideal for us and it seems Moyes doesn't fancy him.
Good player (West Ham never know how to use strikers, they wasted Haller similarly).

But on this front we can't compete. European football and moving back home vs....what exactly. If it's a loan then he earns the same as he does now whatever happens.

Paddy transfer rage levels - +25 (can never be zero)

Change of plans at Barça. The Blaugrana club informed the agent Jorge Mendes that the signing of Rúben Neves is paralyzed, if not almost ruled out. The midfielder had been agreed for months, but the impossibility of carrying out, for now, an exchange with Wolverhampton has frozen his arrival. And it is probable that he did not come because Xavi Hernández only opened the door for him if it was strictly necessary.
In the summit with Mendes, the future sports director of Barça, Deco, and the director of football, Mateu Alemany, explained that Neves was attractive as long as the club did not pay any amount. Mendes, at the time, proposed a swap with Ansu Fati in which Wolverhampton also paid some 30 million euros.
The refusal of the Blaugrana youth squad to play with Wolves has ruined this option and Barça does not see anything clear investing 30 million for Neves. They are looking at other options, with Kimmich ruled out and with Zubimendi almost impossible. Mendes does not give in to Neves but he already knows that it is very difficult for him to sign. The Portuguese had already said goodbye to Wolverhampton and it will be necessary to see if a solution is found.
At the summit there was also talk of Ansu Fati. His refusal to go to Wolverhampton is clear, but the Blaugrana club wants him to leave and Mendes has taken good note. He is clear that the footballer wants to continue at Barça, but he will look for new offers that are good for all parties. He is clear that Ansu must play more minutes and feel like a protagonist. There is a club in Spain that thinks about it and in the Premier they look for top-level teams.
They wanted Nerves plus 30m for Fati? Fuck off

If we can make a profit on Collins I’d let him go. He never fills me with any kind of confidence. That said, he seems to be admired from several people within the game & it wouldn’t surprise me to see him move on to bigger and better things as he’s still young.
I wouldn't fanny about with the fee, who is going to give us more than we paid when he's had an awful season and lost his place to an old, rustic CH who cost <£5m?

Unless they're joke bids then just accept what comes in for Sa, Kilman, RAN, Podence, Collins, Guedes etc. They're no good and if we start trying to be clever they're likely to just get stuck here and eventually leave for free via a series of low key loans. Never going to be good enough, any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back