• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't particularly care about keeping Nunes as it stands but selling him doesn't especially help us out on FFP given we wouldn't get back appreciably more than we paid.

If Lopetegui just doesn't want him then fine by me, if it's a club move to raise funds (on paper) then it doesn't work.

If someone offered our money back for Nunes I'd take it. Some player in there but not sure we have the time to uncover it when the mistakes that come with the learning curve are so... iffy.

Kondogbia is obviously a good player but was hoping any CM signing would be a bit more forward thinking with Gome, Lemina and B.Traore all being more defensive minded players.
I wouldn’t say B Traore is defensive.

People keep saying he is but the Traore I've seen starts deep but really drives forward. I suppose to call him an ACM his starting point needs to to further up the pitch

People keep saying he is but the Traore I've seen starts deep but really drives forward. I suppose to call him an ACM his starting point needs to to further up the pitch
It's not really about his starting position for me, more his mentality. I'd describe Boubacar first and foremost as a front foot player. He's more often than not focused on what's in front of him, whether that's with or without the ball.

It's not really about his starting position for me, more his mentality. I'd describe Boubacar first and foremost as a front foot player. He's more often than not focused on what's in front of him, whether that's with or without the ball.
I think we were/are agreeing!

Motorcar Traore definitely strikes me as box-to-box, although in fairness we've not really been able to glean much from his time here, IMO.

Paddy transfer rage levels - +25 (can never be zero)

Change of plans at Barça. The Blaugrana club informed the agent Jorge Mendes that the signing of Rúben Neves is paralyzed, if not almost ruled out. The midfielder had been agreed for months, but the impossibility of carrying out, for now, an exchange with Wolverhampton has frozen his arrival. And it is probable that he did not come because Xavi Hernández only opened the door for him if it was strictly necessary.
In the summit with Mendes, the future sports director of Barça, Deco, and the director of football, Mateu Alemany, explained that Neves was attractive as long as the club did not pay any amount. Mendes, at the time, proposed a swap with Ansu Fati in which Wolverhampton also paid some 30 million euros.
The refusal of the Blaugrana youth squad to play with Wolves has ruined this option and Barça does not see anything clear investing 30 million for Neves. They are looking at other options, with Kimmich ruled out and with Zubimendi almost impossible. Mendes does not give in to Neves but he already knows that it is very difficult for him to sign. The Portuguese had already said goodbye to Wolverhampton and it will be necessary to see if a solution is found.
At the summit there was also talk of Ansu Fati. His refusal to go to Wolverhampton is clear, but the Blaugrana club wants him to leave and Mendes has taken good note. He is clear that the footballer wants to continue at Barça, but he will look for new offers that are good for all parties. He is clear that Ansu must play more minutes and feel like a protagonist. There is a club in Spain that thinks about it and in the Premier they look for top-level teams.

Neves was attractive as long as the club did not pay any amount

I bet he was. I quite fancy that Aston Martin at the dealership but only as long as I don't have to pay anything. Alternatively they can have my Nissan Juke in p/ex and pay me a cash balance of £200K

I bet he was. I quite fancy that Aston Martin at the dealership but only as long as I don't have to pay anything. Alternatively they can have my Nissan Juke in p/ex and pay me a cash balance of £200K
Heard rumours the Aston Martin doesn't want to be seen on your street though. No deal.

This gets much worse and poor old Neves is going to be ringing Odemwingie for a bit of support.

Shall I start the "Wolves kit launch will coincide with Neves signing a new deal" rumour?
We’ve not had the link to Nuno’s team yet before that.

I’m more and more confident that he won’t be going anywhere.

More so because I think we value him higher than what other teams will, but also there aren’t many clubs who will be in for him.

If you look at teams he’d potentially go to in the prem, and those who will be in for him, there are only maybe 1 or 2 you could see

It’s a shame for him, Ofcourse. Make him out top earner, release clause in and more on

He'll leave on a free next year if he doesn't go for a fee this year.

I still think Utd will make a move for him. They are in a bit of limbo with the takeover bollocks of will they sell or not and United fans seem to think it will be resolved this week.

Didn't I read somewhere, a month or so ago, when Newcastle were waving their Arab quids around, that (maybe Neves) said he didn't want to go elsewhere in the Prem, only Barca?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back