• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought his priorities were what Laporta and Mendes tell him he's getting.

Laporta and Mendes have told him that he needs an interior and a pivot...

I like Jordao but fully expect a "Jordao has joined a Portugese team most of you have never heard about on a seasons loan" from Wolves by mid July

His only goal for us will live long in the memory. A long range howitzer for the ages that simply gave the keeper no chance.

He actually looked like he had something in that game I thought. Injury just completely stunted his development.

The couple of times I saw him play early on made think the deal where we got him and Neto for 20m? Was an absolute steal, bad injuries are bastards.

The BBC reported that Liverpool have signed Mac Allister from Brighton for £35 million rising to a possible £55 million. (From the deal for Jota, that would probably require Liverpool to win the league, cup, league cup, European Cup, and World Club Championship in the same season).

In that light, £40 million would seem a reasonable fee for Neves.

The BBC reported that Liverpool have signed Mac Allister from Brighton for £35 million rising to a possible £55 million. (From the deal for Jota, that would probably require Liverpool to win the league, cup, league cup, European Cup, and World Club Championship in the same season).

Fairly sure Macallister had a release clause though?

But I take your point. But Liverpool signed keita for 55mil 3/4 years ago. Neves is a far better player.

It’s a fools errand comparing individual transfer

Fairly sure Macallister had a release clause though?

But I take your point. But Liverpool signed keita for 55mil 3/4 years ago. Neves is a far better player.

It’s a fools errand comparing individual transfer
Exactly. If a player is under a reasonable length of contract the selling club can set the price and prospective buyers can stump up or shut up. Leicester played a blinder with Maguire for example. With a short contract and a player wanting a specific club or only one club being seriously interested and the price plummets - see Neves for details. Obviously with a release clause the player can set the terms if more than one club wants the player, Haaland being the best example.

I think 40m for Neves is reasonable but very much doubt we'll get that. Last year of his contract, other clubs don't seem to rate him as high as we do, buyers market for him I'm afraid.
Would think 25-30m is the max well get.

The last year of his contract shouldn’t make any difference as we’re not likely to lose him on a free transfer. If he doesn’t leave, he’ll sign a new contract.

The fact that we are actively looking to sell him will probably bring his price down a bit though. More smart business from Fosun there.

The last year of his contract shouldn’t make any difference as we’re not likely to lose him on a free transfer. If he doesn’t leave, he’ll sign a new contract.

The fact that we are actively looking to sell him will probably bring his price down a bit though. More smart business from Fosun there.
What will bring his price down is he wants to go to Barca so won’t go elsewhere unless they decide they don’t want him or offer a more derisory fee than we will accept. He knows this and Barca know it so will be happy to let it drag on in the hope we bend over and grit our teeth. Worse case for Barca is he sees out his last year and moves there in a free next year.

What will bring his price down is he wants to go to Barca so won’t go elsewhere unless they decide they don’t want him or offer a more derisory fee than we will accept. He knows this and Barca know it so will be happy to let it drag on in the hope we bend over and grit our teeth. Worse case for Barca is he sees out his last year and moves there in a free next year.
You sure about that?

I can't remember seeing anything from anybody credible saying that.

You sure about that?

I can't remember seeing anything from anybody credible saying that.
Not sure but there seems a lot of smoke about it. Fully accept it may not be true but where there’s a lot of smoke there is often fire! The rumours about a deal involving Fati support it as it’s unlikely that a deal where neither player was keen on the proposed move would go anywhere. Time will tell.

Bullshit. He may well be interested but if Xavi isn’t, and we are not even vaguely interested in taking the financial “lever” called Ansu Fati then it’s a non starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back