• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not having a go but I bet if you look back on a Leicester board from this time last year you’d find posts very similar to this.
"There is shit teams around us"?

Thats all I said. I feel like there's a communication problem here. I'm not saying we're definitely up.

I'm a bit bemused that apparently I'm not being negative enough for this board when I say we could be around the shit teams next season with the way things are looking.

"There is shit teams around us"?

Thats all I said. I feel like there's a communication problem here. I'm not saying we're definitely up.

I'm a bit bemused that apparently I'm not being negative enough for this board when I say we could be around the shit teams next season with the way things are looking.
Read like “there’s teams more shit than us”, apologies. That is the idea I’m pushing back on.

I`m just hoping the belt tightening is just a smokescreen to put Clubs trying to overcharge us for future transfer ins.

signed,
Nieve of Tunbridge Wells.

"Doing a Leicester" is the term being muttered at the moment by many.
Except Leicester won the PL, FA Cup and played in the champions league before fucking it up.

We can’t hold a candle to them.

I don't see how that comes into it, relegation is relegation. It's scant comfort to look back at memories of eight years ago or whatever when you're struggling to grind past Rotherham or Preston, which is their fate next season.

I don't see how that comes into it, relegation is relegation. It's scant comfort to look back at memories of eight years ago or whatever when you're struggling to grind past Rotherham or Preston, which is their fate next season.
Lineker was peddling that line yesterday, like it's binary. I guess it gives a degree of comfort, but doesn't make any real sense

I get that it's a bit of something to cling on to that you didn't just finish 15th-17th for a few years then disappear with little to show for it. In reality you don't make a deal with the devil on the day you go up, and getting relegated is just shit. You could argue even more so when you've fallen so far so quickly and had a squad that should never have been in that kind of peril. It means you've thrown even more away than most.

Except Leicester won the PL, FA Cup and played in the champions league before fucking it up.

We can’t hold a candle to them.
Well I guess the massive highs they’ve had act as a bit of a comfort blanket.

I see people regularly reminisce about our Europa league campaign and FA Cup semi final (and I’m probably guilty of it too). Neither of which were anywhere remotely on a level of what Leicester achieved.

I do get where you’re coming from, though. But I suspect a bit of a rebuild and one season down in the championship will do them the world of good. I know they have a lot of players out of contract but I suspect they’ll bounce straight back up. The quality in the championship really isn’t very good. The play off final being a perfect example of that.

You'd make them heavy favourites BUT...they need a new manager (Smith is shit) and at least half a dozen signings. No guarantees at all.

Norwich ended up bottom half this season, we would have been in the top three favourites in 2004 and 2012 and had dreadful seasons both times.

Reported that Maddison and Ward Prowse are expected to move for around £40 m each. If so, how can Neves be worth less. I know who the best player out of them is !

Maddison scores and creates goals and will be wanted by a number of teams. JWP is like a PL Barry Douglas. I can see Maddison fetching over £50m and JWP perhaps £30m. I think we’ll get less for Neves than either of them go for as he wants to go to Barca and they know that so we aren’t in much of a position to play hard ball.

For you FFP experts out there what can Guo do to really support JL this summer? Cash injection, creative accounting etc?

Reported that Maddison and Ward Prowse are expected to move for around £40 m each. If so, how can Neves be worth less. I know who the best player out of them is !
Neves is worth less than those because
1. Our chairman knows nothing about football.
2. It’s Barcelona.
3. Our chairman thinks if he gives away a player to them, they’ll remember it in the future, and help us in return, like they did with Traore.

Neves is worth less than those because
1. Our chairman knows nothing about football.
2. It’s Barcelona.
3. Our chairman thinks if he gives away a player to them, they’ll remember it in the future, and help us in return, like they did with Traore.
and also, to be serious for a bit

1) We need to sell him (although we needed to sell him last year, didn't and splashed some cash when we accepted no one wanted him)
2) Player kind of wants to leave to play in European comps
3) There isn't a queue of clubs wanting him so we can't even get close to what he is worth. Right now the only hard link to Neves is Barca and that seems to come with a disclaimer that the manager doesn't really fancy him,

I think he’ll stay, because no one will buy him, if he goes it’ll be a last minute deadline day signing, which completely spanners our glorious leaders transfer strategy for the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back