• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton picked up Demarai Gray for peanuts. I don’t rate him in the slightest but he’s better than what we have. Same as Tarkowski. There are other players out there we could get without blowing £50m on Collins and Guedes.

Not so sure. They're just post match comments that will be in all media outlets that want to put it out there.

big brain from lop. Allowed us to get hammered in the last game to help make his case to the board.

Badly run clubs usually pay the ultimate price eventually. Current playing squad, transfer strategy and policy will be unsustainable in the end.
"Doing a Leicester" is the term being muttered at the moment by many.

Fosun have only got to look at Leicester to see what happens when you don't refresh the squad and at the same time have players leaving and out of contract.

For all I know this bloke may be awful, but the process is why people compliment the way teams like Brighton and Brentford do their recruitment. Keeper wants out, you know you are going to get a good fee for him, so you go straight to the guy who you've already scouted to replace him. Seems simple.

Said it so many times only about 6-7 clubs can start a season knowing they definitely won’t go down, the rest of it’s the first and most important objective. You’re never established as a PL club example being this season Southampton relegated after 11 seasons in, Leicester Relegated after 9 seasons in.

It's gotta be 4-D chess. It just has to be.

We can't actually be this inept.
This inept and we still somehow finished 13th. At least there's Bournemouth and Everton still around to prop up the bottom with the newly promoted if it all goes to shit again.

To much is unknown to predict next season I really do hate hearsay and trying to read between the lines of peoples language.
Predicting if Lop stays he’ll have some reasonable funds and we’ll come between 8th-13th and have no flirt with relegation.
Lop leaves means the squad will have limited improvement the new coach will be of lower quality and there will be nobody you could definitely say we’ll come above.

This inept and we still somehow finished 13th. At least there's Bournemouth and Everton still around to prop up the bottom with the newly promoted if it all goes to shit again.

We can't be complacent mate. Leicester finished 12th last year and all the newly promoted teams this year stayed up fairly comfortably in the end

We can't be complacent mate. Leicester finished 12th last year and all the newly promoted teams this year stayed up fairly comfortably in the end
I don't think being surprised about the quality of the league is complacent? We're shit. This transfer nonsense feels like sword of damocles looming over us.

"Lucky" there's a fair few other teams in similar or worse boats and some are even still around next season.

I don't think being surprised about the quality of the league is complacent? We're shit. This transfer nonsense feels like sword of damocles looming over us.

"Lucky" there's a fair few other teams in similar or worse boats and some are even still around next season.
Not having a go but I bet if you look back on a Leicester board from this time last year you’d find posts very similar to this.

Not having a go but I bet if you look back on a Leicester board from this time last year you’d find posts very similar to this.
It's what our exec board thought the last time we were relegated from this league. It was Swansea, QPR and I think Norwich coming up then, so that would put us 4th from bottom at worst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back