• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s so much that could happen this summer, good and bad, but there is still a good core of players here. I’d like a Sa replacement, the back 4 is OK but ideally I’d like a Kilman upgrade. Midfield of Gomes and Lemina looks like it works well and Nunes from the right looks good as well. Cunha looks decent behind a striker so if we can find a competent one somewhere then that’s half the battle. If we can shift a lot of the deadwood and somehow find an attacking player who knows how to shoot we might have a good season!

For sure we need a decent centre forward,
I am not sure a midfielder is that essential, even if ruben leaves, with lemina, gomes, nunes, the main stays, but for sure a high grade centre back, and a full back to cover both flanks,
and a ball playing keeper would help.
That i feel would get us through to january at least.
We most certainly have to lay out the big bucks on a centre forward.

Diego Costa has uploaded a video to social media of a few of the players having a BBQ and he described it as his "farewell BBQ", so I assume he is off. Or he could have been taking the piss. Who bloody knows, but it's something else to talk about for 5 minutes rather than Fosun/Shi/Lop.

Or it could be farewell in terms of after this weekend they'll be gone for 6 weeks or however long.

Not that I think we'll renew Costa's contract.

Although if Micky Beale is to be our new boss, maybe we will.

Diego Costa has uploaded a video to social media of a few of the players having a BBQ and he described it as his "farewell BBQ", so I assume he is off. Or he could have been taking the piss. Who bloody knows, but it's something else to talk about for 5 minutes rather than Fosun/Shi/Lop.
maybe Mouts had one too and no-one went and that's why he's had a strop

Moutinho and Costa as co-player-managers FTW
giphy.gif

There’s so much that could happen this summer, good and bad, but there is still a good core of players here. I’d like a Sa replacement, the back 4 is OK but ideally I’d like a Kilman upgrade. Midfield of Gomes and Lemina looks like it works well and Nunes from the right looks good as well. Cunha looks decent behind a striker so if we can find a competent one somewhere then that’s half the battle. If we can shift a lot of the deadwood and somehow find an attacking player who knows how to shoot we might have a good season!
I don't disagree with much of this, I just don't think our goalscoring issues are solved simply by signing someone who knows how to shoot. It would certainly help, but for me it is more about finding a style of play that creates more and better chances. Let's face it, it doesn't matter how good a striker you have, if they're only getting 1 or 2 decent opportunities a game they still aren't going to score all that many goals. And we rarely create that many good chances for our strikers in a game, that has to change.

Granted, we've actually seen very little of Chiqi, but if he comes back as he was, his crossing should help in the chance creation. That probably stood out to me more than anything else during his cameos under Lage; kid can whip 'em in.

That also assumes he even fits what Lop wants from a winger.

I don't disagree with much of this, I just don't think our goalscoring issues are solved simply by signing someone who knows how to shoot. It would certainly help, but for me it is more about finding a style of play that creates more and better chances. Let's face it, it doesn't matter how good a striker you have, if they're only getting 1 or 2 decent opportunities a game they still aren't going to score all that many goals. And we rarely create that many good chances for our strikers in a game, that has to change.

Very fair point, it just feels like the way we approach the attacking part of the game is ingrained in the club at this point.

I genuinely think he's our worst signing of the last 20 years. At least Johnson and O'Hara looked like good ideas, this was always a shitshow.

Old Yeller deserved better than to die like Guedes.

Guedes has a knee injury which requires an operation
I thought he was out for the season months ago with this new injury that required an op? Or has he been playing through it an delayed till end of season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back