• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a big fight, pick a name and say they might leave. Headline written.

£145m profit in 20/21
£46m loss in 21/22
Projected loss in 22/23

After next season (23/24) that profit year comes off the cycle so we will need to make sure we haven't lost over £105m in that 21-24 period.

Player sales this summer will help in anticipation of that but we have no real issues spending again this summer if we really want to, due to the offset of those sales.

Sounds like Jeff is trying to minimise how much we are at risk at the end of next season to protect the finances, and Lop is putting his foot down and asking for what he was promised to get him in the door. No doubt Jeff omitted the FFP picture when begging for him to be manager and Lop is just now learning the full extent.

2021: +£18.4m
2022: - £46.1m

So this year we are allowed -£77.3m which we will piss because of the sales last summer. Will be higher than the -£15m with Craig’s calculation though so Fosun will have to dip their hand in their pocket.

But as said the profit figure drops off for next year, which maybe where they need a deeper pocket.

The bit I don’t get is, let’s say the FFP deficit
For 21-23 is £-25m. So Fosun have to announce they are putting in £10m? And then if they only put In £10m, are they then limited to £70m in the 23-25 period? Or as long as the losses haven’t exceeded the £105m on a 3 year rolling period then it doesn’t matter what the figures are/were.

D119CA58-93FF-4618-8D38-0D58126472E5.jpeg
Seems to suggest here it’s the latter. Just Don’t lose more than £105m in the rolling period. Any loss within the limits over £15m but less than £105m, just prove your paying it and there’s not a “locked in” yearly figure.

Anything we can find and post here surely would be known by Julen and his lawyer(s).

They’re posting a similar story about Pep, City and FFP on the BBC now. Must be a slow news day…

If we were interested in Neves plus cash = Barcelona player, then they want to sell Kounde. Immediately solves our centre back issue. Not very likely and I imagine his wages are astronomical

We can't really afford to pay cash plus Neves for anyone. Neves is our most saleable asset and we need that money to re-invest. Can't see anyone else that brings in that kind of money to help the situation.

FFP wise we could as there is an offset between the two deals. Cash flow we almost certainly can’t.

The journalists reporting tend to point to it having some degree of truth to it.
Put it this way I don’t see either bending over enough for this to have a good resolution.
So in summary I think we’ll be looking for another head coach again in a week or two.
I disagree. I cannot see Guo letting JL go after trying for so long to get him. Particularly as the cash needed is in the small change for him personally.

I disagree. I cannot see Guo letting JL go after trying for so long to get him. Particularly as the cash needed is in the small change for him personally.

I think there’s far more to it than that

Is this something sinister, must be.

I cant see fosun being this stupid, even if they plan to sell the club the wouldnt devalue it by creating such rumours, or risk lop leaving like this and severely limiting new managers (apart from big sam) who would want the job in this case.

Cant see lop as the sort of bloke who would run to the media in quite this way, or let ballague so loose on his behalf.

My bet, mendez is in this with his getthefuck agency up to his squirmy little neck.

I wouldn't overthink it.
This.
It's just depressing reading all the doom into a situation we're not sure actually exists.
There's a long summer ahead, so lets see how it clears out.
Most of you may well be correct, but until we know for sure....
It does seem that FFP wasn't explained well if at all, but we're building up a real head of steam and we don't really KNOW the facts yet.

Well it's pretty unlikely that Fosun are going to release a transcript of the interviews with Lop, and detail their investment plans. The manager has literally said that he now knows things that he wasn't told upon on joining, and that he wants more money to achieve his aims, so it's not unreasonable that that's discussed, nor is it that his word is taken as good and that the situation is worth a fair degree of discontent.

Just put me out of my misery, Fosun, I can’t be on Julen Watch every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back