• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, not Kilman!

JointAdeptEmperorshrimp-size_restricted.gif

Know he doesn’t post on here anymore but he has generally seemed to have a good idea of FFP. But someone who gets it on here may be able to tell me if this is accurate or not!
Sure does make it all sound like the epitome of a storm in a teacup.

Wouldn't shock me at all if the talks taking place between Lop and Shi/whoever are just part of the standard process of figuring out the plans for summer recruitment and everyone's freaking out because, well, clicks make the world go round.

Sure does make it all sound like the epitome of a storm in a teacup.

Wouldn't shock me at all if the talks taking place between Lop and Shi/whoever are just part of the standard process of figuring out the plans for summer recruitment and everyone's freaking out because, well, clicks make the world go round.
Ballague and Percy wouldn't tweet if there wasn't any truth in it.

It could all be nothing but given how Shi and Fosun have been in the past I wouldn't put it past them to fuck this up.

Ballague and Percy wouldn't tweet if there wasn't any truth in it.

It could all be nothing but given how Shi and Fosun have been in the past I wouldn't put it past them to fuck this up.
Taking Craig's comments as fact, it would seem its Fosun rather than Jeff this time.

Needs Guo to sanction the £30m to cover losses. I would expect that to get resolved.

However If Craig is talking shite....fuck you Jeff.

Taking Craig's comments as fact, it would seem its Fosun rather than Jeff this time.

Needs Guo to sanction the £30m to cover losses. I would expect that to get resolved.

However If Craig is talking shite....fuck you Jeff.
He's missed the profit from the year before. That will cover the losses.

Whichever way you look at it the club look like they're talking out of their arse.

I listened to the Percy clip on 5Live and agree with what TT says, Percy doesn't understand football finance any better than a toadstool.

The journalists reporting tend to point to it having some degree of truth to it.
Put it this way I don’t see either bending over enough for this to have a good resolution.
So in summary I think we’ll be looking for another head coach again in a week or two.

Whichever way you look at it the club look like they're talking out of their arse.
Is he doing what was mentioned on here and excluding it because it wouldn't be part of the figures when the FFP accounting period the club are worried about?

He's dismissing that year and talking about the 3 years including next and where we need to be at the end of that. Essentially saying what most on here have we need to generate a sale to balance out expenditure, but we have plenty of players to sell to do that with. FFP wise, cash a different story potentially.
The journalists reporting tend to point to it having some degree of truth to it.
Put it this way I don’t see either bending over enough for this to have a good resolution.
So in summary I think we’ll be looking for another head coach again in a week or two.
You coming to the Doomsday conclusion is something of a shocker

Is he doing what was mentioned on here and excluding it because it wouldn't be part of the figures when the FFP accounting period the club are worried about?
It's 2021 so would be included until 2024 figures are released which is March 2025.

I get they're trying to sell Neves but it smacks of desperation and failure to secure investment. Which is bizarre given the wealth of Fosun.

He's dismissing that year and talking about next and where we need to be at the end of that. Essentially saying what most on here have we need to generate a sale to balance out expenditure, but we have plenty of players to sell to do that with. FFP wise, cash a different story potentially.

He's dismissing that year and talking about next and where we need to be at the end of that. Essentially saying what most on here have we need to generate a sale to balance out expenditure, but we have plenty of players to sell to do that with. FFP wise, cash a different story potentially.

In a one or the other situation it’s hardly outrageous to say it. As Johnny says Fosun aren’t exactly known for good footballing decisions.

It's 2021 so would be included until 2024 figures are released which is March 2025.

I get they're trying to sell Neves but it smacks of desperation and failure to secure investment. Which is bizarre given the wealth of Fosun.
For my take and I probably know less than the journos on FFP.

Lop was promised funds to cover summer purchases. Done as either Fosun were happy to cover losses or Jeff presumed they were.

Fosun withdrew offer or told Jeff "didn't agree to that old bean"

Jeff told Lopetegui the only way we can now do it what was promised is by selling an extra player or 2 of value because of the situation with Fosun.

Lopetegui does his "issues I didn't know about" comment and "I hope Jeff can fix it"

Fosun and Jeff still not at an agreement

Lopetegui gets annoyed and tells his pal as much. In the hope it pisses off fans and kicks Jeff and Fosun into line with the original promise.

For my take and I probably know less than the journos on FFP.

Lop was promised funds to cover summer purchases. Done as either Fosun were happy to cover losses or Jeff presumed they were.

Fosun withdrew offer or told Jeff "didn't agree to that old bean"

Jeff told Lopetegui the only way we can now do it what was promised is by selling an extra player or 2 of value because of the situation with Fosun.

Lopetegui does his "issues I didn't know about" comment and "I hope Jeff can fix it"

Fosun and Jeff still not at an agreement

Lopetegui gets annoyed and tells his pal as much. In the hope it pisses off fans and kicks Jeff and Fosun into line with the original promise.
Don't blame him.

If Fosun have had enough they should just put us up for sale.

I can imagine there will be more than a few interested.

In a one or the other situation it’s hardly outrageous to say it. As Johnny says Fosun aren’t exactly known for good footballing decisions.
Tbh I prefer this approach to the Lage one of gobbing of until it really matters and then having his tummy tickled. He's in a very strong position at the moment I think he's just making sure that balance of power is reflected. If he walks because we have to sell Neves and a few players who are surplus to requirements then he's a dick, if Jeff lets him do so because of poor internal and external messaging then he's an incompetent arse. I can't dismiss the last part as I've spent most of the last 3 years calling him it myself, but we have an adult as manager now with high powered friends in the media I just think he's leveraging that at the moment

Don't blame him.

If Fosun have had enough they should just put us up for sale.

I can imagine there will be more than a few interested.
Or could be they are withholding funding as Jeff 2.0 is ready to take over when Shi is recalled to China next Monday.
New person will then get the money required.

#hopefulthinking

Or could be they are withholding funding as Jeff 2.0 is ready to take when Shi is recalled to China next Monday.
New person will then get the money required.

#hopefulthinking
I hope that's the case.

Where’s this Jeff is leaving coming from?
I’ve obviously missed it, but then I get the news about a month later than everyone else ( see my podence spitting post on the wolves general news thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back