• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be nice to actually scout players instead of being force fed a list. Works for Brighton, Brentford etc.

Be nice to actually scout players instead of being force fed a list. Works for Brighton, Brentford etc.
I think that's harsh on Hobbs.

The biggest problem we have is Fosun and Guo as they have a vested interest in Mendes and his players.

The owners of Brentford and Brighton know what they're doing. Fosun just don't and never will.

Fosun don't need to though - they are probably not experts in any of the businesses they own. What they need to do is hire an expert be in charge,

I think that's harsh on Hobbs.

The biggest problem we have is Fosun and Guo as they have a vested interest in Mendes and his players.
5 of 6 in January not involving him. Our FFP expert thinks we pissed him off with the Gomes deal, to the point he tried to hijack it,

Links with Championship players etc.....early signs but the Mendes tap is close to being shut off I think but we seem to change our direction every 6 months so who knows

5 of 6 in January not involving him. Our FFP expert thinks we pissed him off with the Gomes deal, to the point he tried to hijack it,

Links with Championship players etc.....early signs but the Mendes tap is close to being shut off I think but we seem to change our direction every 6 months so who knows
2 wasn't it? Sarabia and Cunha.

£50m right there for his grubby little mitts to get a percentage of.

The other 4 totalled less than £30m

No clue on Sarabia but that deal was more Lopetegui wanted him rather than Mendes wanted him here.

The hold he has on football we are never going to avoid using him, since he can be involved as the players agent whilst also representing the buying and selling clubs.
The bit we need to cut out is the players he wants us to sign, whether or not they want to be here or not. How much hold has he got if a player will move even though they don't want to do so. Way too much power. Probably helps having a strong manager who will say no to players being forced upon him though.

I admire effort you've put in here Punts.

But that's not how FFP works.

Selling Guedes for £16m gives us the ability to buy a player for £48m on a 3 year deal. Given we take a loss of £8m per year on Guedes we still gain the ability to buy a player for £40m. (I don't think we sell him for £16m btw).
. We’ve written off £5.5m in last year accounts (£27.5m over 5 year deal). So he is still book value of £22m. The accounts for next season will have Guedes as £5.5m again.

If we sell him for £16.5m then his contract will have a total loss of -£5.5m for next season.

. We’ve written off £5.5m in last year accounts (£27.5m over 5 year deal). So he is still book value of £22m. The accounts for next season will have Guedes as £5.5m again.

If we sell him for £16.5m then his contract will have a total loss of -£5.5m for next season.
You're confusing what he's worth on the books to what FFP is.

They're different things.

Schools need to replace a non important subject with FFP studies that can go up to a degree level.

We need to protect the future generations from the utter confusion this brings to the world.

From a 2022/3 perspective it does as the last £10m of his purchase cost gets amortised across 3 years rather than 1, but on the rolling 3 year perspective I don't think it does and also commits to another £5mpy salary. That's on the assumption that any FFP issues would be post 24/5 season so it doesn't matter which year the £10m is in. It's only a real FFP benefit if 2022/3 was going to be an issue as the final or middle year which I can't see how it would.

I'm sure Johnny will tell me if that's bollocks

From a 2022/3 perspective it does as the last £10m of his purchase cost gets amortised across 3 years rather than 1, but on the rolling 3 year perspective I don't think it does and also commits to another £5mpy salary. That's on the assumption that any FFP issues would be post 24/5 season so it doesn't matter which year the £10m is in. It's only a real FFP benefit if 2022/3 was going to be an issue as the final or middle year which I can't see how it would.

I'm sure Johnny will tell me if that's bollocks
Liam wants a word...

Semedos contract extension being taken up helps ffp.
I thought that the transfer value was spread across the length of the contract so by may it would have been 0 left from an FFP perspective.

I think what we're now saying is that whatever transfer value is left would get spread over the remaining contract which is up to may plus two more years.

I would have thought his wages would be higher than any residual transfer value giving a net negative impact.

But I'm sure this is wrong.

I thought that the transfer value was spread across the length of the contract so by may it would have been 0 left from an FFP perspective.

I think what we're now saying is that whatever transfer value is left would get spread over the remaining contract which is up to may plus two more years.

I would have thought his wages would be higher than any residual transfer value giving a net negative impact.

But I'm sure this is wrong.

So it reduces the ffp value for the current cycle by around 7m.

Answer: Liam is down the rabbit hole

His article is the stuff from the website with him having to shout FFP loudly. More convinced than ever that the club have done a release to the press saying "to keep us inside the FFP rules we will be selling players to help fund purchases" and our local press have lost their shit and just heard FFP problems

But our manager has done nothing to change the narrative.

But our manager has done nothing to change the narrative.
His comments are, for me anyways, a million miles from Liam's current stance.

Some issues I didn't know about and I hope they can be sorted lands in the "I thought my budget would cover what I need but turns out Jeff needs me to shift a couple of players to ensure I can do it" rather than Liam's "the club haven't got a pot to piss in" stance

I'm certainly not saying FFP isn't an issue but I think there is a huge difference in what our manager is talking about and what Liam and to a degree PTS are describing.

The narrative sold to the fans (particularly by the likes of the E&S) means absolutely fuck all in the grand scheme, IMO. Almost everything that Shi, Hobbs, et al. do that is important will be happening behind closed doors, I'd think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back