• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, sounds like it's a shot across Jeff's bows to me. Sort it or else
I thought the consensus on here was that Keen was talking bollocks about the FFP issues, so when you said he was saying it was bollocks I expected to read him saying as much.

I was surprised to read he was agreeing with the narrative we have FFP concerns.

I thought the consensus on here was that Keen was talking bollocks about the FFP issues, so when you said he was saying it was bollocks I expected to read him saying as much.

I was surprised to read he was agreeing with the narrative we have FFP concerns.
Keen is speaking bollocks because he's parroting what the club has told him to say. It's Jeff's bollocks, he's the mouthpiece for it. I'm presuming Lopetegui's comments are as a response to a question in today's press conference

I'm taking this as Lopetegui has been told he can't spend what he did in January without sales.
That is the extent of the issues.

The PTS tweet says we expect to be within FFP limits but need to be more frugal.
I said yesterday I don't have an issue with that, but every time over the last 3 years a version of that message is put across it always defaults to FFP and it's a lie, he even tacitly admitted it last time.

It's clear he believes (and he's probably correct) that fans accept that narrative easier than internal budgetary constraints.

Last edited:
Been clever this time and not said it himself so can deny it if he decides he wants to speak again

It's clear be believes (and he's probably correct) that fans accept that narrative easier than internal budgetary constraints.
It's definitely correct. Club owners up and down the land have used FFP to take the pressure off themselves with the fans since it came about.

I think it’s setting up the audience for selling Neves. Every single pound of that fee is FFP wiggle room. His contract is already fully amortised. So if he goes for £40m and we use five year contracts that is £200m of FFP clearance in one sale. Plus if Forest stay up it’s what £7m ish in add on for MGW which then translates into £35m of wiggle room by the same method.

FFP isn’t the issue. Cash flow is more likely to be the problem.

Tbf it only frees it up for one season. The next seasons you’ll still be loaded with the amortisation so without further big sales when the sale year drops of the accouting period you’ll be fucked.

It’s the “one big sale every summer method”. Works great until you run out of big sales. That’s why Leicester letting Tielemans run his contract down to zero is very painful for them.

On top of that, with the extension, Semedo is now effectively fully amortised so we avoid that issue with him and any sale will be all FFP goodness. Same with Neto and Podence. Obvs, Adama is the thorn there. I really think finding a buyer for him is a useful priority.

I think you've only got to see the response of the bootlickers on Twitter with every price increase why Wolves default to FFP. A noisy group are so eager to believe they aren't being ripped off by the club they love and Shi/Fosun/Wolves prey on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back