• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's also claiming in the comments that us not already doing the Semedo extension is a genuine consideration on whether we want to do it. It really isn't.

We didn't want to do it in March or any time before that because:

a) We could still have got relegated
b) He could have broken his leg/got an ACL and then we have yet another high earner not actually playing football for us
c) We didn't have to

I do wonder why we structured the contract that way, it was weird at the time. A club like us can't spend that sum on a player on the basis of a 3 year deal. It must have been some kind of amortisation fiddle that I can't make sense of (I think we have been booking him at £9m p/a on that basis, and he's at £0 now).

If we pushed the button then immediately sold him for £5m (miles below his value) then it would still quite obviously be better than just throwing him away for free and having 0 viable RBs, wouldn't it. FFS Steve. Think.

He's also claiming in the comments that us not already doing the Semedo extension is a genuine consideration on whether we want to do it. It really isn't.

We didn't want to do it in March or any time before that because:

a) We could still have got relegated
b) He could have broken his leg/got an ACL and then we have yet another high earner not actually playing football for us
c) We didn't have to

I do wonder why we structured the contract that way, it was weird at the time. A club like us can't spend that sum on a player on the basis of a 3 year deal. It must have been some kind of amortisation fiddle that I can't make sense of (I think we have been booking him at £9m p/a on that basis, and he's at £0 now).

If we pushed the button then immediately sold him for £5m (miles below his value) then it would still quite obviously be better than just throwing him away for free and having 0 viable RBs, wouldn't it. FFS Steve. Think.
Maybe it had something to do with the £10m add ons all being linked to just the 3 years? I think we've triggered about 3m of them.

Yeah, perhaps. We just did a lot of weird stuff at the time so probably best not to try to make sense of it.

Anyway we aren't just going to release our only RB when we don't have to.

We bloody well better not. I'm already losing a ton of eye candy with João leaving...

And also the football reasons are important.

Made me laugh that, on the same day PTS posted his article, Liam pops up late as usual with his say.

I lied and read it. PTS and LL were briefed at the same time, most likely in the same room and have written different articles off the back of it. LL's is more informative on the bigger picture stuff in as much as he makes definitive statements, the anti Mendes stuff is genuinely interesting. He doesn't understand FFP

I struggle to take the article too seriously given Liam's fundamental misunderstanding of how FFP works.
Got to remember he's been briefed about that and isn't bright enough to check it out or he's been told that's how the story goes out (my guess is the latter, I quite like Liam).

The club's PR team are either as arrogant as their Tory equivalents or treating everybody as stupid.

Client journalism is hugely transparent in these times I'd rather my football club didn't engage in such simple minded crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back