• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been a great window. As much as a centre forward would be nice, we can’t get greedy. We are definitely stronger due to this window

Ki-Jana Hoever off on loan to Stoke according to John Percy

We need to score goals. Not sure we have completely addressed that.
We’ve added creativity which will help, though. It’s easy to say ‘get a centre forward, they score goals’ but they won’t score goals if we don’t create chances. It’s not as if we miss bucket loads of chances, is it.

It will definitely help. I just don't necessarily think it will solve it.

Reactions: b3h
Delighted to get him over the line, I think he's going to take to the league really well. I've no doubt we'll stay up, and then in the Summer it's just two big signings at centre half and up top (nd obviously replacing Nunes/Neves of they do go) and we're back in top half

I'm not sure. I still think we'll hover just above it even if we manage to get a few points clear of relegation.

The hope is to get more than three points above it and stay there. That'll do me.

I don’t think we will ‘limp’ across the line. I fully expect us to pull clear, especially if lop is as good as we think he is.
Hope you're right, still think it's touch and go personally.
I will happily eat humble pie.

Ziyech available for around £17m. If his wages weren't probably through the roof I'd take him any day of the week.

Delighted to get him over the line, I think he's going to take to the league really well. I've no doubt we'll stay up, and then in the Summer it's just two big signings at centre half and up top (nd obviously replacing Nunes/Neves of they do go) and we're back in top half
I’m hopeful that if we have a really strong 2nd half of the season, it might tempt neves to stay. Unlikely, but possible.

If you look at the squad now, midfield and wide forwards you’d argue are sorted. I’m happy with our fullback options.

Summer get a forward in, centre half and keeper.

Can't see it being in here yesterday but the Gomes deal structure is

Sale details: Fixed amount for 100%: € 18.7 million
Flamengo can receive more € 1.5 million bonus in goals
Flamengo will be entitled to 10% of future sales

Hope you're right, still think it's touch and go personally.
I will happily eat humble pie.
For me, we’ve spent a hell of a lot of money. I’d be really asking questions of the whole club if after that we are still hovering around it.

Granted we were shit for first part of season, but we were hardly cut adrift, and we had a super Bruno in charge. Since then we have signed 4 players that arguably come into our strongest team. I fully expect us to stay up, fairly comfortably.

Ziyech available for around £17m. If his wages weren't probably through the roof I'd take him any day of the week.
Yep, I'd take him. He's hit and miss but could play the Mahrez role really well for us.

I don't expect us to do any more business after Joãozinho. I think we've had an excellent window really, especially considering how badly it was needed. Our squad management has been dreadful for a long time but this window, and the reshuffle behind the scenes, should address some (but not all) of the issues.

Absolutely ridiculous that we've spent so much and have so much talent in the squad but we could still be going into next season needing another big window. (assuming we stay up 🤞)

GK:
Sá - (Sell? Only with a quality replacement)
Bentley
Sarkic (Sell/Loan)

Full back:
Semedo (Sell?)
Jonny (Sell?)
Aït-Nouri
Bueno
Lembikisa (Loan?)
Hoever (Sell/Loan)
Giles (Sell?)

Centre Back:
Kilman