• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly what I was thinking. 99% of those challenges looked absolutely perfect. The useless refs in the PL would give 90% of them as a free kick.
Depends who we're playing, if its the Sky six then they are all fouls and the goals are all offside/foul in the build up/handball/disallowed(reason to follow never)

Looks like cannon fodder for the red card weilders. Glad he`s realised his ambition to play in the Premiership.

Delighted to hear Gomes is nearly done - and if that's our business done for this window, it's better than I expected. We've made some really good signings.

I predict a lot of tantrums on deadline day assuming we don't sign anyone else but I maintain that we've done well. Sure, '1 or 2 more' would be lovely but there's not a single window at any club where this isn't the case.

And I'd be gobsmacked if we didn't score more as a result of having the likes of Cunha and Sarabia in the side, even if we've not splashed £30m on a centre forward.

Er, I`m confused. Have we got him or has he gone north of the border?

Delighted to hear Gomes is nearly done - and if that's our business done for this window, it's better than I expected. We've made some really good signings.

I predict a lot of tantrums on deadline day assuming we don't sign anyone else but I maintain that we've done well. Sure, '1 or 2 more' would be lovely but there's not a single window at any club where this isn't the case.

And I'd be gobsmacked if we didn't score more as a result of having the likes of Cunha and Sarabia in the side, even if we've not splashed £30m on a centre forward.
I agree. If you look at the squad now to what it was 3 months ago and it's a promising looking picture. We seem to have upgraded in key areas, added competition for 1st team places and improved the depth of the squad. We need to translate this positivity into results of course, but the signs are there that under J-Lop this is going to happen sooner rather than later.

yes… we’re packed full of players l’d be worried about if they played for Sevilla and we were playing them in Europe… you know they won’t score many, but you probably won’t beat them.

I’m absolutely with this.

I know it’s boring but I would just love a centre forward - appreciate we’ve spent a load of dough and it won’t happen though.

Our problem is goals obviously and, for all the technical players we have, you can’t teach goal scoring instinct. The last two years have constantly seen the wrong options being taken in the final third.

We’ll definitely get more goals, agreed. We have to - we have some great attacking players.

But will we get enough without signing a proven scorer. I hope so.

I’d rather sign no one than sone Kieffer Moore-stylee panic buy, though.

Agreed. This is the point I was trying to make yesterday. It would be lovely to go and sign a centre forward, but ultimately, the squad is in a much better position than it was at the start of the window, and we have a very good manager in charge of them now who should be able to get them playing in a fashion where they score enough goals to stay up. Then we go again in the summer.

I'm properly excited about seeing a front 3/4 of Podence or Neto & Sarabia either side of Cunha, with a balanced midfield of Lemina, Neves & Nunes, and then a tighter, more aggressive defence with Dawson in it. There's a lot of quality in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back