• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Peppered Puff Pastry Steak Slice, with home made chips tonight.

My Aunty sent me a cookbook called Pinch of Nom last week. It's brilliant - full of tasty recipes which are also quite healthy. The main trick is not to use cream and replace it with low-fat cream cheese (which is surprisingly low in calories and still very tasty)

I have made so far:
- Cock & Bull: Chicken and beef with mushrooms in a creamy sauce with beef stock
- Creamy Garlic Chicken: Chicken sauteed with onions and garlic in a white wine and cream sauce garnished with smoked paprika
- Honey Chili Chicken: Chicken marinated in honey and soy sauce with chili flakes
- Cajun Dirty Rice: Beef mince and rice sauteed with onions and mushrooms and garnished with cajun seasoning

All very easy to make, none took longer than 30 mins and really tasty - pinchofnom

I've got that book, DDW - it's excellent, despite the shite name. I recommend the fish cakes and the slow cooked lamb shanks. Both really easy but taste sensational. I think it's the book we use more than any other as there are some superb ideas in there.

Chicken thighs with a cider, tarragon and mushroom sauce with some lovely Jersey Royals and green beans.

Bourbon biscuits. Been on a health kick and not had a biscuit in weeks. Just snuck one bourbon, food of the gods.

Thai green curry with green beans and mangetout. Splendid stuff.

Just spent 10 mins looking for a ‘mangetout Rodney’ gif. Sadly none seems to exist.

Bourbon biscuits. Been on a health kick and not had a biscuit in weeks. Just snuck one bourbon, food of the gods.

I had a Bourbon for the first time in years, recently. I was very disappointed but it was possibly a cheapo supermarket brand. I can't find 'proper' bourbon or custard creams anywhere...not that I've looked in more than a few places.

I had a Bourbon for the first time in years, recently. I was very disappointed but it was possibly a cheapo supermarket brand. I can't find 'proper' bourbon or custard creams anywhere...not that I've looked in more than a few places.

This one was an Aldi special. Literally looked like a died brown custard cream. Still tasted ace though.

This one was an Aldi special. Literally looked like a died brown custard cream. Still tasted ace though.

Don't like Custard Creams or Bourbon, but I do love a Jammie Dodger.

I have eaten a lot of bourbons and custard creams these past few months. An open packet is an empty packet. Still not sure if I like the Tesco rhubarb and custard creams (more research needed...)

I find bournons bland, but mebbe someone needs to revitalise the biscuit thread?

You know that I know where you live ! Go on say one more thing about Bourbons, I dare you :steam:

Chicken & mushroom Balti and mushroom rice :licklips:

Back