• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Has he offered you any ?

No, well not the sponge

If we're suggesting a post lockdown orgy, I'm in. I wonder which of us old farts has the longest balls?

I will make you both a cake if you'd like. Let me just sure this nice looking thing I baked actually tastes okay. I'll let you know tomorrow when I've basked in the nostalgia brought on by the one house on the road that's put up some bunting.

A roast chicken dinner followed by homemade apple pie. Ice cream with it or custard, not sure :)

Roast chicken here as well, plus fruit strudel with cream and ice cream. Custard will also be available for those that want it.

was debating lemon chicken in the slow cooker. have instead opted for toad in the hole today.
I think the coming week will be one of warming and hearty meals!

Rump steak from the butchers with mushroom & onions, chips & sweetcorn.

Superb bit of meat.

I've been to a couple of these butchers that park their lorry in a pub car park for the day, recently.

There's one company that parks up regularly at The Malt Shovel in Highley, past Bridgnorth. E&J Meats on Facebook and they're well worth a visit.

We used to get a lot of meat from a butchers cabin outside of the garden centre at Shenstone, the only problem was we always used to spend three times the money we intended :)

Yeah, that's easily done. Separating it up when you get home is a ball ache as well.

I went to Town & Country at the Dudley Arms on Friday and wasn't best impressed. They sold me transparent bacon, God bless 'em.

The McDonald's drive-thru down the road from us has re-opened today and wifey wants to go there for dinner later.

I am tempted tbh! I enjoy Big Macs

I've never really got the McDonald's thing. Someone put the other day 'Id do anything for a McDonalds.' Why not just throw a burger on the grill, add cheese lettuce onion and pickles. You'd have a better quality burger, bun, and cheese. Mind you, I've never got the yearning for KFC either.

I love a Big Mac too. Could just eat one now you mention it.

I've never really got the McDonald's thing. Someone put the other day 'Id do anything for a McDonalds.' Why not just throw a burger on the grill, add cheese lettuce onion and pickles. You'd have a better quality burger, bun, and cheese. Mind you, I've never got the yearning for KFC either.

Maybe it's all the additives? :icon_lol:

We cooked homemade Big Macs for a week back in April, got sick of them eventually but you are right - we used fresh mince, fresh lettuce and onion, and pickled gherkins.
Got the secret sauce pretty spot on too - two squirts of mayo, 1 squirt of ketchup, teaspoon of mustard, sprinkle of salt, pepper and garlic powder and finely diced onions and gherkins.

I think McDonalds is like cocaine - it delivers a satisfying hit and it's easy to ingest, but you feel like crap afterwards

Only McDonalds I ever have is when driving up to matches as need a personal fuel stop at Strensham - not a lot else available.

If I'm hungry and you put a Big Mac in front of me then I'll eat it and probably enjoy it so long as it hasn't gone lukewarm/cold.

Can't remember the last time I actually went to McDonalds though - maybe 4-5 years ago? I'm only ever going to be near one when I'm in town, and even with the relatively meagre offerings in Wolves there'll always be something better I can get.

I go to the McDonalds in Pontypool if I'm working away but that's just to get Oscar some McNuggets as I don't feed him before a drive. I'll sometimes have one of the milkshakes or ice cream thingies.

Now, Burger King is a far superior burger, although I wouldn't go out of my way for one of those either.

Only ever had 1 KFC. Hackney, around 2001.

Back