• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

I like McDonalds. Big Mac meal or a Chicken Nuggets meal with an extra double cheeseburger is fine by me.

I also get on okay with KFC. The mighty bucket for one is a decent feed. Calorie count is astronomic though. Oh - and KFC fries are fucking awful.

Burger King absolutely do the best actual burgers. XL Big King is glorious, and they used to do a Bacon Mushroom Double Swiss which was similarly epic. Trouble is, Burger King is pretty expensive.

At least two of the pubs in town will do you a way better burger than any of those and chuck in a pint for not much more than a fiver all in. No brainer.

Oh - and KFC fries are fucking awful.

KFC fries are now hands down the best out there now they have changed them to the chunkier ones.

I can't get on with Burger King at all. The last one I tried went in the bin after a couple of bites.

Burger King fries used to be the best but they have changed and rank below McDonalds.

And DW is right. The price of an XL Big King meal would get you well over half way to a decent steak in a Hungry Horse or similar.

Talking of steak - that's tonight for me, with a nice bearnaise as a certain poster may have reminded me that diane sauce was soooo eighties.

Peer pressure is a terrible thing...

It suits me. Far as I am concerned a well made Bearnaise is the best sauce on God’s clean earth.

We haven't had a McDonalds since Feb, but we used to go down and have lunch there at the weekends as I find that a large Big Mac meal is a great way to sort a hangover.
Burger King burgers are better though.

I'm absolutely no good at eating on a stinking hangover. I know it should work but I just can't face it.

Plenty of strong coffee and an ice cold OJ, that gets me towards the right track.

I had a McDonalds drive thru about a mile from work. Plenty of days it was tempting. 8 weeks of no fast food and I feel very svelte.

I'm absolutely no good at eating on a stinking hangover. I know it should work but I just can't face it.

Plenty of strong coffee and an ice cold OJ, that gets me towards the right track.

Im the same. Most people have a fry up, or a bacon roll. I cant stomach anything like that if I'm badly hungover.

The best hangover cures for me are left-over pizza, Big Mac Meals or a ham and cheese toastie. I'll order a ham and cheese croissant if I'm in town and in a bad way.

I've had one takeaway since lockdown. Got a balti delivered and very nice it was too but it's an occasional thing at the best of times.

Chippy is back open but I haven't bothered with it.

We had a delivery chippy for lunch last week, and have had one Indian and one Chinese in two months. I never order Thai as I enjoy cooking it so much.

I've had one takeaway since lockdown. Got a balti delivered and very nice it was too but it's an occasional thing at the best of times.

Chippy is back open but I haven't bothered with it.

Oooof we have had loads, more than ever tbh. Most Friday nights we order Chinese, and then on Saturdays we will have a Johnny Rockets or a pizza from the diner around the corner. Last weekend we had Wowburger which was epic.

As we live in the Docklands, most places in the city that are still open will deliver, so we havent seen any reduction in food offerings and because we arent going out anywhere, it has become a treat to order takeaway on Fri and Sat, whereas before lockdown we only had takeaway on Fri.

Haven't had a single takeaway since lockdown, indeed probably this year.#Strangely I am eating a much better diet - always eating the fruit and veg to ensure they don't go off, so constantly have to buy more fruit and veg!

Planning meals so much better too. Have a much more varied diet than before, and less convenience food.

Only downside is nbot exercising means the waistband is still as tight as it used to be!

Chocolate milk. Pick me up for any occasion.

Oooof we have had loads, more than ever tbh. Most Friday nights we order Chinese, and then on Saturdays we will have a Johnny Rockets or a pizza from the diner around the corner. Last weekend we had Wowburger which was epic.

As we live in the Docklands, most places in the city that are still open will deliver, so we havent seen any reduction in food offerings and because we arent going out anywhere, it has become a treat to order takeaway on Fri and Sat, whereas before lockdown we only had takeaway on Fri.

Ah, I never bother with pizza. Domino's is shite (I imagine they would drive out here if I fancied a bit of a salt overdose one weekend), Papa John's is down the road but I've lived here for eight and a half years and not used it. The Co-Op do some lovely pizzas for about a fiver (or sometimes you get the beloved yellow sticker!) and it's 30 yards further away. They don't even take 10 minutes to cook and they're better than any takeaway pizza I've had since the glory days of Pizza Champion in Manchester in 2002/3.

Pizza Express ones from supermarkets are excellent too but they are pricey. Best to wait until there's an offer on then load up.

Ah, I never bother with pizza. Domino's is shite (I imagine they would drive out here if I fancied a bit of a salt overdose one weekend), Papa John's is down the road but I've lived here for eight and a half years and not used it. The Co-Op do some lovely pizzas for about a fiver (or sometimes you get the beloved yellow sticker!) and it's 30 yards further away. They don't even take 10 minutes to cook and they're better than any takeaway pizza I've had since the glory days of Pizza Champion in Manchester in 2002/3.

Pizza Express ones from supermarkets are excellent too but they are pricey. Best to wait until there's an offer on then load up.

Home cooked pizza never compares do one done in a proper oven, though you won't find me going for a pizza from some chippy with ideas above their station, always end up with cheese on top of everything else and that's a wank way to do it!

Papa Johns is the pick of the takeaway pizza places in my experience, Pizza Express the best hands down but I'd only ever go there to dine in rather than collect or use a third party delivery and make sure I got it fresh. We have Co-op pizza fairly often, round trip is less than 10 minute walk including the shopping so it's a convenient stop gap when cupboards are a bit bare, Sainsbury's own stonebaked ones are pretty decent too. We only ever buy margherita though and then add whatever we want onto it ourselves, for some reason any store bought pizza including pepperoni seems to have cut it with the precision of an axe wielding blind man so it never gets crispy.

The other thing we've found made a bit difference, by chance as much as anything, using a pizza stone in the oven at home. Someone bought it us a while back as a bit of a novelty gift thinking it was just a serving plate but we gave it a go and it cooks so much better, bang it in the oven as hot as it will possibly go while you dick around with toppings and then turn it down to the cooking temp when you put it in.

Interesting, I'll have a look at getting one!

We had a delivery chippy for lunch last week, and have had one Indian and one Chinese in two months. I never order Thai as I enjoy cooking it so much.

Had 1 lot of fish & chips on Friday after getting withdrawal symtoms after 7 weeks (plus couldn't be arsed cooking anything).

Mind you that's only 7 takeaway meals in a year which is probably reasonable.

Back