• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Chicken and mushroom Balti. Delivered. First one in 6 weeks.

we had faggots tonight. Usually, with mash. today however mrs jelly made the most amazing roast potatoes.
I am soooooo contented right now.

we had faggots tonight. Usually, with mash. today however mrs jelly made the most amazing roast potatoes.
I am soooooo contented right now.

God I love faggots! :)

Going to have them tomorrow now you’ve posted that, might try them with roast potatoes too.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but just remember you're on a forum that can't accept chips with a curry, so just be careful with your roasties and faggots crazy talk :)

I'll accept salt and pepper chips with a Chinese curry. Not an Indian or Thai though, no dice.

Can't have anything but homemade chips with faggots.

:icon_lol:
I did stay away for a while for fear of a lambasting for the combination.

tredders, I love them too. and if you do decent roasters, it's a winner.

I rarely have chips with faggots. Almost always mashed potatoes personally.

I has faggots with veg this evening.

Also, why not chips with curry? It's not my bag, but I'm not a curry snob about others having it if that's their preference.

Curry and chips is a culinary crime. For a start, they don't really go together. Secondly, it's a bit of a piss take to order them from a proper curry house in the same way that you wouldn't demand ketchup in a Michelin star restaurant. Ask for rice/naan recommendations or something instead FFS.

My kids ask for them every time we go for a curry purely to wind me up. It works.

I made spinach and ricotta cannelloni last night (well, cream cheese as there seems to be a world ricotta shortage). First time I've ever had it, I think. Bloody delicious.

Gone off faggots, especially the ones like the Brains ones, too sloppy. Faggots, mashed potato, and mushy peas is a meal you would give to a person with no teeth.

Nothing wrong with chips with a curry.

Half chips half rice with a curry. Nowt wrong wi that.

giphy.gif

Curry and chips is a culinary crime. For a start, they don't really go together. Secondly, it's a bit of a piss take to order them from a proper curry house in the same way that you wouldn't demand ketchup in a Michelin star restaurant. Ask for rice/naan recommendations or something instead FFS.

My kids ask for them every time we go for a curry purely to wind me up. It works.

Daddy can we have some chips please, no have some extra rice instead ???
You do realise there are three pubs in the Uk with Michelin stars, I should imagine there is ketchup in there.
Obviously its a travesty to have chips with a curry or else Indian restaurants would make th......................Oh :)
Don't be a food snob, eat what you like !

I have nothing against chips. I like chips and we have them regularly same as anyone else but if it's a fucking curry house there is absolutely no need for chips.

It's not snobbery - that would be scoffing at people for ordering a korma! I guess I just find it a bit disrespectful to order them in an Indian restaurant. They're not Indian cuisine, are they?

You'll probably find that 75% of the menu is not Indian cuisine, I should imagine fried rice was not a major staple in Indian homes.

Do Indian restaurants do fried rice?? Don’t think I’ve ever seen it.

Back