• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Actually, wasn't someone talking about putting mince in Chinese curry sauce on here not long ago? Sounded rancid.

You can get keema curries but I don't think I'd order one.

PPB I think. With mashed potatoes?

Ah, yes. It's all flooding back now.

At least the verdict was that it was shit. One of those where I think I'd rather have nothing. I love mince in some dishes, I love curry (including a takeaway Chinese beef curry, two excellent ones here), I wouldn't say I love mash but it's fine. Together? No ta.

Bought some beef jerky (English and Irish beef, not sure why they had to mix it and/or be so non-specific, but whatever) the other day and had that as a snack today. Been years since I had it. Perfect stuff to just chuck in your gob but the portion size is rubbish. Wasn't worth anything like the £2 I paid given other snack options on the market.

Oddly the best stuff I ever found of that was some South African imported stuff at of all places...a petrol station near my flat :icon_lol:

d63F2JvXoQcs.gif

Ah, yes. It's all flooding back now.

At least the verdict was that it was shit. One of those where I think I'd rather have nothing. I love mince in some dishes, I love curry (including a takeaway Chinese beef curry, two excellent ones here), I wouldn't say I love mash but it's fine. Together? No ta.

Bought some beef jerky (English and Irish beef, not sure why they had to mix it and/or be so non-specific, but whatever) the other day and had that as a snack today. Been years since I had it. Perfect stuff to just chuck in your gob but the portion size is rubbish. Wasn't worth anything like the £2 I paid given other snack options on the market.

Oddly the best stuff I ever found of that was some South African imported stuff at of all places...a petrol station near my flat :icon_lol:

d63F2JvXoQcs.gif

The South African stuff is biltong, it’s miles better than Jerky. Like comparing Carling to a very good Belgian beer.

I usually buy it off Amazon, but the suppliers seems to be profiteering at the moment with everyone at home.

That's it! (This was quite a long time ago and food sticks less in my memory than what Tim Steele did in some game in 1991)

Top stuff. Big bag of it as well and cheap at the time. Loved that.

You remember football, I can remember food. There’s a metaphor there somewhere.

I do eat, it's just no-one notices me doing it.

Still can't get any fucking pasta round here. FOUR shops and nothing. For a month. I'm going to have to have a jaunt into Pendeford at some point, it's not that far but FFS. What are people doing with it?!

I mean if I went to town I could get some but being as I'd need either the bus or the train, it would kind of defeat the object of what we're all trying to do.

Pallets of the stuff in Aldi here. Trying to avoid wheat so no pasta would actually be alright for me.

Technically I could walk Wobaston Road -> Stafford Road -> Aldi and back but it'd be a near on three hour job.

I mean I don't *need* it now, I've got plenty of food, but I'd quite like some and every time there are totally empty shelves. Still people being total cunts. Minded to turn up at 7am one morning and watch who's doing what (from 2m at all times)

Flour is the thing I'm finding most elusive at the moment, haven't seen a bag of the stuff in any supermarket I've been in for weeks, other than Waitrose with some alternatives like Rye or Spelt but I've got no idea if they would work as a straight alternative.

I'm told it's a packaging issue with flour. The stuff exists but they can't bag it up quickly enough. Plus of course, arseholes being arseholes, and we all know in 2026 they'll have 22 bags of flour at the back of a cupboard.

I do eat, it's just no-one notices me doing it.

Still can't get any fucking pasta round here. FOUR shops and nothing. For a month. I'm going to have to have a jaunt into Pendeford at some point, it's not that far but FFS. What are people doing with it?!

I mean if I went to town I could get some but being as I'd need either the bus or the train, it would kind of defeat the object of what we're all trying to do.

There is pasta at Morrisons Pendeford. Not spectacular amounts but it is there. What do you want? I can pick it up and drop it at your place to save you a walk.

Nah man, honestly it's fine. I've got stuff here, I've got one bag tucked away (it's earmarked for something) and eventually the madness will stop. Thanks very much and I appreciate it hugely :) but it's alright. You look after you. There's four of you there and only one of me, I'll be ok.

I am curious as to what on earth is going on here though. I don't believe none of them are getting it delivered so it's mental. I've had fresh bread from the Bridge, there's loo roll if I want it, cleaning products seem ok which they weren't a couple of weeks ago, eggs I can get easily enough, other than flour (which is a national thing it seems) pasta is our only shortage. I never buy penne (the most boring of all cuts) but I'd take some tomorrow if I found some :icon_lol:

I might have to call a favour and get my man in Budgens to save me a bag of fusilli which if I'd said that two months ago...well you'd think I'd all gone crazy again :icon_lol:

Ok for pasta round here too now.

I have two packs of Fusilli sitting in my cupboard.

Alright Rockefeller, don't rub it in.

If I had the money (I don't) I could have bought the whole rack of beans that were lined up earlier in the Co-Op, even though I don't like them and would never eat them. That'll show these folk who er, may or may not like beans.

Seriously there are going to be so many people with freezers and cupboards full of shit that they're never going to eat. All out of greed and someone else loses out (not me, trust me, I'm ok without my fusilli for now. I can cope). It saddens me.

We have a 3 kilo bag of Fusilli. Jamie ordered it as he eats his body weight of it with various vegetarian sauces.

And we have a little bit of spaghetti left.

I would commit a few crimes for some angel's hair at the mo.

Finding lamb difficult to come by, even in the butchers. Supplier issues I guess. Plenty of steak, chicken and pork available.

Nah man, honestly it's fine. I've got stuff here, I've got one bag tucked away (it's earmarked for something) and eventually the madness will stop. Thanks very much and I appreciate it hugely :) but it's alright. You look after you. There's four of you there and only one of me, I'll be ok.

I am curious as to what on earth is going on here though. I don't believe none of them are getting it delivered so it's mental. I've had fresh bread from the Bridge, there's loo roll if I want it, cleaning products seem ok which they weren't a couple of weeks ago, eggs I can get easily enough, other than flour (which is a national thing it seems) pasta is our only shortage. I never buy penne (the most boring of all cuts) but I'd take some tomorrow if I found some :icon_lol:

I might have to call a favour and get my man in Budgens to save me a bag of fusilli which if I'd said that two months ago...well you'd think I'd all gone crazy again :icon_lol:

Still sat on my accidently-hoarded fusilli so I'll drop some round when we are ever allowed out again!

I got this hamper for Christmas from the company I contract to in the Channel Islands. No pasta issues here.
49f80ea1177fcd7cf77b8f954efef3ea.jpg

Back