• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

We used to be fed before ruggggger practice when I was oop North for Uni. There was always a Yorkie Pud starter option, or with sausage for a toad in the hole main.

It's softie southerners that have it with main, so they say.

My father-in-law even had Yorkshire pudding with gravy as a starter to his Christmas dinner.

Did he have it with a Yorkshire salad?
e7967bf0b08cfa8609e8704499d19e8c.jpg

That picture takes me back. Many a pub game buffet would have that on the table!

Anyway...moving on from sketches co-authored by Tim Brooke-Taylor.

Today I am making some home made burgers for everyone. Easy as fuck to do and cheaper and better than buying a load of frozen shit ones. Unless you get freshly made burgers from your local butcher it is the best alternative for sure.

With strong cheese and a crusty cob, food heaven !

Not pickled though, just put in vinegar. Cucumber too at times I think.

As much as I like to think Yorkshire people are weird I do like a Yorkshire salad. One of the few things I miss from my time working in Halifax.

A Sunday afternoon treat was that.

Looking back it seems an odd food choice but I loved it

A Sunday afternoon treat was that.

Looking back it seems an odd food choice but I loved it

Sunday afternoon was either salmon sandwiches (it wasn't as expensive then) or peaches and cream with bread and butter (yep everything had to have bread and butter with it, bulk it up a bit )

I remember having Salmon sandwiches before we watched Bullseye.

The golden days in Rugeley

Sunday afternoon was either salmon sandwiches (it wasn't as expensive then) or peaches and cream with bread and butter (yep everything had to have bread and butter with it, bulk it up a bit )

Cream. You must have been posh. Carnation milk with peaches in our house.

Back