• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

I used to like Dominos. Not been for years. Had a Papa Johns which is at the end of my road and it was ok.

Much prefer supermarket pizzas. Ham and mushroom is my poison. With plenty of peppers or possibly sweetcorn.

I don't like chicken on pizzas or spicy meat in particular.

Yeah, I'm a ham and mushroom man too. Classic.

Not a huge sweetcorn fan but I wouldn't pick it off.

Always thin base, if you're not actually from Chicago and you have deep pan then you're a proper wrong 'un.

If I'm cooking one at home then I'd always rather go slightly "under" than "over". Burnt pizza is a crime.

Domino's = Naff
But I do like their chicken strips with Honey Mustard Dip.

Pizza Hut - Can live with their ultra thin base Pizza

M&S do some fantastic pizzas.

In Jersey, Pizza Quarter are the best. Really fresh and in-house bases and ingredients.

Eat Treat in leeds pizzas are ace, again in-house bases, fresh toppings.

L'Artista (in Letchworth Garden City) pizzas are absolutely awesome. Their Bresaola e Rucola is fantastic.

Best pizza I ever had was a ham and mushroom calzone in Venice. Away from the tourist traps, just some little place down a side street. Couldn't find it again for love nor money (as it was in 2006 it might not even be there now!) but incredible stuff.

Naples is worth a visit for the pizza alone. Spectacular.

Sausages in a cider and onion gravy for dinner this evening.

It's all about the Dhal Pizza I had at Crate brewery before West Ham away last season [emoji109]

Whilst it was brilliant (as was the beer and the last minute Adama winner) the best I've ever had was from Starita in Naples.

Dominos is great. If you’re stupid enough to ever buy one which isn’t 50% off then you’re an idiot. One just round the corner from me in Penn.

Now the best option is the cheap base from supermarket and do it yourself, but if I had time and something planned for dinner then I wouldn’t be ordering Dominos in the first place.

Did just walk past Papa John's (don't think you can go in, but there are people working in there so they're delivering clearly) and in the window they're advertising two XXL pizzas for £10.99 if you collect (presumably outside the door right now). That's pretty decent if there are 2-3 of you. Pointless for me of course unless I want to pretend I'm 19 again and have cold pizza for breakfast.

Best Pizza I ever had was from a shop on the edge of Palio square (ish) in Sienna. Touristico obviously, so I bet it cost my parents the GDP of a small country but it was superb.

There was also an ace place we used to go when I was a youngling and they had taken us on hols to Malta. Sliema. Ace funghi pizza. Gone when I went back the summer we signed Bod. Sad times.

The nicest from memory was at the Dorint hotel in Karlsruhe, Germany, just using fresh ingredients already propels a pizza onto a different stratosphere than any mass produced one, I think it was the moment as well, it was warm, we were out front people watching and we'd already had a few drinks, so a culmination of events to make a special memory.

Roast shoulder of Lamb with Rosemary and a boatload of garlic.

Daupinoise potatoes.

Assorted veg.

Red wine and Rosemary gravy.

GOING TO BE FUCKING EPIC.

Picked up the Shoulder for four quid off. Hoarders are done and some of the meat is getting close to use by date. Bargain hunting by Morrisons yellow label hunting.

I got a loaf of bread for 17p yesterday.

The Lamb was bloody lovely.

I feel like I am about the size of a Bulldozer around now

Mini Shreddies and Crunchy Nut Cornflakes. In the same bowl!

I really can't be arsed with a big dinner today.

Wagyu steaks (the last three) tiny roast tatas, mushrooms, onions, peppercorn sauce.

Think me appetite is coming back, bloody lovely. :)

Back