• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Amazed you didn't kill him then! The Kismot was one chilli from death

not happy about the pandemic obviously but I've been making the most out of my time at home, been enjoying cooking more

made a really delicious asparagus/green bean and ground pork stir fry the other night. served over rice with shumai on the side. really quick/easy and prob one of my most favorite things recently.
https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/pork-and-asparagus-stir-fry

been able to do a bunch of all-day bolognese, chili, pot roasts, etc.

Last night was (a little bit) healthier pizzas.

Tortillas, a mix of tomato puree/tinned tomatoes to coat the tortillas, onions, peppers, ham, cheese. Bung in the oven for a few minutes. Easy as you like and better than the domino's/pizza hut rubbish.

Started planning a menu for the week to keep Mozzas trips minimal. Going for Steaks tonight.

I wouldn't eat Dominos if you paid me. Fucking dreadful pizza, a feat of marketing that they're still in business. Ridiculous prices too.

I have loads of salt and also some cardboard here. I'll knock you one up for cheaper than they do it...

We have a Papa John's near us. Lived here for getting on for eight and a half years and never been. 50 yards further on sits the Co-Op. I can pop in there, pick up the best pizza they have for about a fiver, it'll taste way nicer, take 10 minutes to cook when I get back and be piping hot when I start eating it. Again, I don't know how they survive.

I tend to buy a cheap Morrisons margherita base, my own fresh toppings and then grate cheese or sprinkle mozzarella on it for my own creation. Nicest of all worlds.

Had a Domino's at work a few weeks back, courtesy of some labour agency visiting site, was far better than I remembered it previously but not a patch on somewhere like Pizza Express, though I wouldn't expect it to be.

Don't really go for pizza as a takeaway option generally, unless you can guarantee it's going to be warm then it'll just be a disappointment, but would go for Papa Johns over Domino's if had to choose between the two. Co-op do a decent pizza but cooking one at home in a conventional oven is never the same as one done in a proper pizza oven, doesn't even come close.

I used to live right opposite a belting pizza place in Manchester. Those were the days. Never that great though when the bloke knows your order as you're walking through the door.

Perfect Pizza was decent too when I lived in Fordhouses. Round the corner so always collected to make sure it was fresh out of the oven. Not cheap though.

I really like Domino's pizza! Not as keen on Pizza Hut. Pizza Express are a bit too fancy for my liking apart from the Sloppy Guiseppe, their dough balls are ace though.

I used to use Perfect Pizza as a student back in Leicester. Twas ace. Back then I could get a decent sized Ham and Mushroom pizza for something like £3.10 at the most.

I could get it up to about four quid by adding the outlandish topping mix to end up with Ham, Mushroom, Prawn and Tandoori Chicken pizza. There is a reason why I don't often get take out. I reckon even Bear might struggle with that combo.

Another reason to hate Domino's. They refuse to have prawns as a topping.

I like all those ingredients but I'm not sure about them together!

Don't think I've ever had prawn on a pizza, I've had prawn curry though. I wouldn't trust Domino's with them anyway.

Edit: Also the wrong thread!

But shame on you Domino's lovers, I will say that.

For the sake of some off topic continuity...

I came in to the office at about 11.45 to print off some things and collect a bit of stationary etc. It's 16.05, why the fuck am I still here?

Back