• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

My daughter did prawn cocktail at a party the once where it was served in a lettuce leaf that you folded up like eating a sandwich

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

A good vindaloo or a madras is really nice, the stupidly macho super hot curries are just shit. I had some brilliant veg curries in Chennai last year - they were very hot, but very tasty too.

But Black forest gateau is cack !

Right whilst were on a rampage, people who have 'macho' curries, I've got no problem with spice as a taste but when it gets to pain levels of heat, what are you thinking why bother choosing a meat if you are going to serve it up with fire ??

Now here I am with you.

There are people (like Wombat on here) who seem to have no concept of heat. I have seen him demolish a phaal in about three minutes (and I tried one spoonful and nearly died - photographic evidence is out there which I am sure certain posters can still find). I see no point in being chainsawed by a saw coated in magma. People have different levels of heat that they like. For me, Madras is really my limit, and often that is pushing the pain barrier.

However, I find a hot Thai is much more bearable for some reason, and Szechuan food is my order of preference if I want a Chinese meal.

I'll go as far as a vindaloo or a chef's special advertised as very hot (in the latter case you know it should be made properly so the heat complements the other flavours).

Your challenge curries are just stupid, no enjoyment in that. I could do it just to prove a point but I wouldn't really enjoy it.

I'm not built for spicy food at all so Balti is generally as far as I go, so no fear of being lumped in to eat a Curry as hot as an Apple Slice from a Petrol Station for me...

For me, Madras is really my limit, and often that is pushing the pain barrier.

What was it you had in Watford that made you sweat like you had just done the Sahara Marathon?...

Spoiler Alert -

A Rogan Josh

(and I tried one spoonful and nearly died - photographic evidence is out there which I am sure certain posters can still find)..

I know, I remember the photo, I was relying on you as an expert witness

Yeah I lke lightly spiced food, really hot is just pointless imo, as for Black Forest Gateau, I don't mind them but prefer Schwarzwald Kirche Torte....had some really nice ones but have occasionally had a duff one.....in the Black Forest obviously

I love a good curry I used to ask for fresh chillies on top of what I was having as I do love a chilli, but after years of suffering with Diverticulitis I finally gave up anything really spicy last year. It kinds of takes the fun out of eating them when it can floor me for days.

I know, I remember the photo, I was relying on you as an expert witness

The Black Country Derby Phaal face-off where I was the referee! I was wearing a Slayer Root of All Evil t-shirt as I remember, which summed up the curry quite nicely!

In that particular restaurant on Brick Lane the phaal was well made and actually had a great taste. Totally not for me, but it was balanced and I have to give the chef a lot of credit. About a week later I think it was Wombat and I were in London again for a curry and he asked for them to make a phaal and it was bright fucking red as all they did was just pour a boatload of extra hot chilli powder in. That's just shit cookery.

The Black Country Derby Phaal face-off where I was the referee! I was wearing a Slayer Root of All Evil t-shirt as I remember, which summed up the curry quite nicely!

In that particular restaurant on Brick Lane the phaal was well made and actually had a great taste. Totally not for me, but it was balanced and I have to give the chef a lot of credit. About a week later I think it was Wombat and I were in London again for a curry and he asked for them to make a phaal and it was bright fucking red as all the did was just pour a boatload of extra hot chilli powder in. That's just shit cookery.

You go to the Dilsh and order something like that and it'll be nice. Same goes for Curry Lounge (which you have used) and Bengal Spice near me.

I should say there is video on the web somewhere of when Wombat and Mrs Wombat came to stay at Paddington Towers, and late in a particularly alcoholic evening the bastard brought out a chilli sauce that was quaintly called "Santa's shit". I touched it to the tip of my tongue and the next couple of minutes with everyone's phone camera rolling were comedy gold. People really are cunts at times, but I still love all of them that were present. I mention it again and the wife would probably still laugh at my fiery predicament.

A good vindaloo or a madras is really nice, the stupidly macho super hot curries are just shit. I had some brilliant veg curries in Chennai last year - they were very hot, but very tasty too.

Yeah Madras and Vindaloo are the best curries anyway IMO, heat or no heat. Unfortunately I can’t take loads of heat so most of the time a Vindaloo pushes me a little too much and Madras can really vary in heat in different places.

I love the sourness of a Madras from the tamarind. It's what for me makes it the tastiest of the curries on offer, even if it often beats the living shit out of me.

I should say there is video on the web somewhere of when Wombat and Mrs Wombat came to stay at Paddington Towers, and late in a particularly alcoholic evening the bastard brought out a chilli sauce that was quaintly called "Santa's shit". I touched it to the tip of my tongue and the next couple of minutes with everyone's phone camera rolling were comedy gold. People really are cunts at times, but I still love all of them that were present. I mention it again and the wife would probably still laugh at my fiery predicament.

In between the screaming and the cursing you did actually threaten to kill me. And lest we forget your late entry for the Edinburgh Fringe.

made a huge chinese stir fry last night, enough for about 3 days, and bloody ate two of the days in one sitting.

Santas shit or Satans shit ?

Back