• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Can’t add anything to the food chat .

Of course you can, I have eaten in many many Michelin starred restaurants but I would gladly eat a Pukka pie and chips any day of the week, or devour a Kebab like a locust on a cornfield,

I like French food but a) it's such a faff all the time and b) as someone hurtling towards 40, keeping weight off is tougher and it's really not good for the waistline!

Italian is my go to as it's so easy and you can make it healthy with pretty much no tweaks.

It can be a faff for sure, but it is SOOOOO worth it with many of the great dishes.

I can only assume that I have a very active metabolism because with my love of french haute cuisine I should be the size of a house.

Mr Double Cream!

I never used to give much of a shit but I don't want to be some kind of a blob, ideally when we're not all locked away and when I've decided to trust women again I'd quite like to find somebody (which would be harder if I were a fat bastard) and being relatively trim and fit gives you a real boost through the day.

I've cut down massively on meat intake over the last year, I don't drink much outside of matchdays and I buy plenty of healthy food now. You only get one life and as much of a struggle as I find it sometimes, I'd best preserve it.

I agree but what you eat can make you happy.

Steak cooked french rare - so walked through a warm room and a properly made Bearnaise is awesome. Have it with some frites and a nice salad with vinaigrette or french dressing on the side. Ace.

Went back to my younger days as found some fish fingers in the freezer (no idea why I bought in the first place though) - so FF & chip butty

Of course you can, I have eaten in many many Michelin starred restaurants but I would gladly eat a Pukka pie and chips any day of the week, or devour a Kebab like a locust on a cornfield,

Well we did have a nice chilli tonight but I thought I better not mention it as I didn’t make it!

It's a good outlet this, good food, shite food, it's all we have right now. Don't shy away from sharing.

Also if you can't cook...trust me, you can. I'm a useless shite at most things but it's the easiest thing to learn. All you have to do is follow instructions. Then as you get better, you can do your own stuff.

New spuds, peas, pork and red onion bangers and best of all onion gravy......sometimes simple food is great

Garlic is waaaayy too strong. I don't mind a little but after that it just becomes overpowering.

You don't fill entire recipes with that though.

It's a good outlet this, good food, shite food, it's all we have right now. Don't shy away from sharing.

Also if you can't cook...trust me, you can. I'm a useless shite at most things but it's the easiest thing to learn. All you have to do is follow instructions. Then as you get better, you can do your own stuff.

Yeah I cook a bit man, no where near like how some on here do but we share the cooking pretty 50/50. I’d like to put a bit more effort in and learn a little more though as it’s definitely satisfying.

THIS. ALL OF THIS. I spent all of my teenage years and most of my early twenties thinking I just couldn't cook and couldn't be arsed to improve that. Then I found a couple of dishes I could do well and I was off and running. Now I just love cooking and finding new stuff to try. When we are all going to be cooped up there may even be a bit of mental release in getting in front of the oven.

Let's all chuck some fucking recipe ideas on here and see if other posters can have a go at them.

Steak cooked french rare - so walked through a warm room and a properly made Bearnaise is awesome. Have it with some frites and a nice salad with vinaigrette or french dressing on the side. Ace.

Now you see that doesn't appeal to me and I've made that mistake in France, I need to know that James Herriot cannot bring it back to life !
My brother in Law always ordered Carpacio at every opportunity, raw beef no thanks, medium rare thank you.

Your best bet right now (and what I'm planning to do early next week) is get down your local butchers and source some real cheap cuts. Then manufacture what you can from that. You'll be amazed how easy it is and how cheaply you can eat really well.

Shame pulled pork became a thing (it's shit, really) and spiked up the price of cheap belly cuts but there's plenty of other stuff you can grab. Bang for your buck on brisket is fantastic, so many things you can do with it.

I'm just an enthusiastic amateur, there are plenty on here way better than me.

Chicken thighs are cheap but also great. Stick them in a casserole or chasseur and it just falls off the bone.

Chicken thighs are cheap but also great. Stick them in a casserole or chasseur and it just falls off the bone.

Aye. I'd say if you cook it properly then it's better meat than breast. Probably half the cost too.

Tried a beef bourguignon on Sunday with a cut up brisket joint. Taste was fine but if i'm to do it again I'd need to get some cornflour in to thicken the sauce. The kids demolished it too. Apart from trying to cut the joint with shit knives it was piss easy.

I've just thought at some point were going to have to see Langers pictures of his meals.

Back