• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Just a cheese burger done on the barbie tonight with a bit of salad...and a glass of wine. Will sit out to eat as it's such a beautiful night.

Needs salad cream.

The dinner, not Dan.

Now I'm not sure about this one. Hubby wants minced beef curry. Just mince, onions, peas, and curry sauce. I can't think of anything that sounds more shit.

Now I'm not sure about this one. Hubby wants minced beef curry. Just mince, onions, peas, and curry sauce. I can't think of anything that sounds more shit.

My mum used to make sausage curry when I was a kid. Even that was a step up from mince curry I reckon.

Is he pregnant?

It gets worse DW, he wants Chinese curry sauce, with mashed potatoes instead of rice :(

We're getting bloody good at using leftover to make stuff. We had loads of leftover roast beef from Christmas in the freezer. Defrosted it, threw it in a pan with some rice, chilli sauce, onion, garlic and bunged a couple of eggs in there - Korean beef chilli rice which was superb.

Just about to start making a lasagne from scratch (well, bar rolling out fresh pasta which is ace but Squeeze won't let me buy a pasta making machine, the little tinker). One of those meals I absolutely love making, and it always a winner. The only ingredient I haven't been able to get is some bay leaves for the sauce, but I can manage without them.

We're getting bloody good at using leftover to make stuff.

Welcome to the 1970s my friend, Mondays and Tuesdays dinners where usually utilising what was left over from Sunday, if it got down to liver and mash and corned beef hash we knew my Dad was on short time at work :)

Do you have any thyme or basil ?

Fresh basil. I have a thyme growing in the back garden but I don't know if I can get any cuttings of it yet. If not I have some dried on the herb shelf. Also got Marjoram, Rosemary and oregano to bung in. With bay leaves and garlic, that is pretty much my favourite herb combination (bar always using sage and tarragon on chicken because we are talking a MARRIAGE there).

Back