• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

At least I din't have to Google yours unlike Herefords :)

Can I just ask, beans and toast ? I'm assuming there was a distance between the beans and the toast ?
Er, no. Beans on toast, flanked by sausage rolls with super noodles on the side.

I prefer a Pot Noodle with a round of buttered toast for dipping.

Thankfully, the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Toast in a pot noodle is lush. Toast has to be really well done though.

Nah, pot noodle and cheese toastie though...

Red mullet with langoustines, sauted Guernsey potatoes and a side salad. Tasty.
6a1a0dbdca8d530d11d38680cf936ef1.jpg

Can we have these at Wolves instead?
97cf47f0d4bc105a0dd8132df886a5a8.png

Time to resurrect this thread I think given that now I'm working from home and social distancing with no fucking sport to watch I've got fuck all to do apart from cook!

Just been out and bought a fuck load of chuck steak and proper lardons so half of that will be going into the slow cooker tomorrow for a nice ragu.

Any suggestions on what to do with the other half of my beef apart from the obvious chilli or stew?

Chuck steak really needs to be cooked low and slow doesn’t it? Boeuf En Daube seems an obvious dish but it isn’t really going to be that different from the ragu.

Or you could try osso bucco. You would be substituting the beef in for traditional veal but it should work

Yeah it's a low and slow affair - I might just make a really nice chilli too be fair as I also love eating that but we'll see

On a similar theme just had an instant pot delivered. Quite looking forward to trying it out over the next few weeks.

got a lemon chicken in the slow cooker myself today.
peel spuds and sort the veg in a couple of hours time.

Today I'm having a go at making bread, if it turns out ok then it will be cheese toasties and Branston Pickle tonight.

If it's shit then it will be sausage and chips!

Today I'm having a go at making bread, if it turns out ok then it will be cheese toasties and Branston Pickle tonight.

If it's shit then it will be sausage and chips!

Making bread is ace. I've started doing it recently - I prefer making bloomers instead of a tin loaf as they just seem a bit lighter. Don't be tempted to over-kneed it too as it may become too dense - 5 minutes is plenty.

Fresh bread is amazing - toasted fresh bread is even better!

Fuck me, first it was beer, now it's going to be "This artisan yeast from Peru imparts a delightful aeration into the dough; combined with grains of pink Himalayan salt it's possible to create the most delicious bagels you'll ever taste,"

Back