• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Bizarrely in my experience Americans think the West Midlands accent sounds Australian.

Not wholly a bad thing as trying to explain you don't live anywhere near London or know the queen is as tiresome as Jinky's matchday bleating.

I don't sound West Midlands though. I have no idea how you would categorise how I speak. My best mate doesn't know. Even people who have heard me on radio shows don't know.

the cooks are gonna be mexican regardless of what type of restaurant you go to, mate.

This was an actual proper famous chef I’ll have you know.

Tim Spiers
@TimSpiers

Mexico said they weren't going to call Jimenez up for the rest of the year. But they have. The swines.

They play Panama (a) and Bermuda (h) with the latter not until 2.30am Wednesday our time

Mexican press believe Jimenez is due there in the coming hours to have injury assessed

the cooks are gonna be mexican regardless of what type of restaurant you go to, mate.

So famous that you've now neglected to mention his name twice, you don't have to lie to to impress us man, you're fine just the way you are.

either way, Houston has a killer food scene.

So famous that you've now neglected to mention his name twice, you don't have to lie to to impress us man, you're fine just the way you are.

either way, Houston has a killer food scene.

Crappy 3G connection in Dulles airport.

hey you're like 3 miles from me why don't I Just meet you at the terminal gate and we can talk about it directly

hey you're like 3 miles from me why don't I Just meet you at the terminal gate and we can talk about it directly

I have just walked 3 flipping miles going through transfer and to get to my next gate.

oh so you're next door then, great, see you in a sec

Tacos and enchiladas are the breakfasts of champions, to be fair.

I've seen many, many episodes of Man v Food and that makes me an expert on American 'cuisine'. There's too much on a plate and American cheese is bloody awful. I was in Philadelphia last year and was taken out for a Philly Cheesesteak. 'Oh great, a steak!' I thought. I was disappointed to discover it's basically a steak sandwich. Horseshit.

I did have a 'sunken pie' the night after and that was nice.

Just about to fly over your house I imagine. Contemplating bombing you with cat food.

if by "cat food" you mean chili... ha ha. ha. ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaa

if by "cat food" you mean cat food, friggin yes please. that stuff is expensive.

I've seen many, many episodes of Man v Food and that makes me an expert on American 'cuisine'. There's too much on a plate

:hmmm:

and American cheese is bloody awful. I was in Philadelphia last year and was taken out for a Philly Cheesesteak. 'Oh great, a steak!' I thought. I was disappointed to discover it's basically a steak sandwich. Horseshit.

cheesesteaks are delicious not sure what you're bitchin about. and the name is "cheese steak", if you didn't know it was a hoagie that means you were looking forward to a giant slab of steak covered of awful american cheese (your words)??

get your story straight

I thought proper cheesesteak used provolone?

I was referring to "american" as literally cheese in america. he obviously could've been referring to kraft american cheese, but I haven't eaten that in probably 20 years and still get dumbass comments anytime I post something with cheese, so I'm assuming it was just a continuation of this weird stereotype that all cheese we eat is processed goop.

having said that, you're getting into treacherous territory talking about what a "proper" cheesesteak is. provolone is certainly one school, but "wit wiz" (cheez wiz) is another (which doesn't help with the argument above).

I've never been to Philly so I can only go by what my brother in law says... The way he talks, though, I don't think he'd appreciate the cheez wiz thing.

Can you imagine putting that stuff on steak?

:hmmm:

cheesesteaks are delicious not sure what you're bitchin about. and the name is "cheese steak", if you didn't know it was a hoagie that means you were looking forward to a giant slab of steak covered of awful american cheese (your words)??

get your story straight

I was expecting a slab of steak with 'imported cheese'.

I've never been to Philly so I can only go by what my brother in law says... The way he talks, though, I don't think he'd appreciate the cheez wiz thing.

Can you imagine putting that stuff on steak?

Of course he would, that's why it's treacherous discussing such things... I'm team provolone for sure.

I actually made us cheesesteaks a few months ago, and bought a bottle of cheez wiz as a joke. No one used it and it went in the garbage a few weeks later, so that was a $3 punchline. :icon_lol:

I was expecting a slab of steak with 'imported cheese'.

plenty of decent cheese here, we make a lot of good cheddar which I would've thought a brit would appreciate.

either way, you wanted a steak covered in cheese, you freak.

I never found a cheese anywhere near as good as an English, French or Italian in the US. Philly cheesesteak is a great sub when done right (I know they're supposed to be on a hoagie but I imagine nobody outside of America knows what that is without googling it) and it's definitely done with provolone.

Back