• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Even after you've seen it?

(Note to t3ch: this is a joke, I make jokes)

I'd never heard of Frito Pie before. I now want some.

a great comfort food, really takes me back home. the most common way you see it served is straight out of the bag; a texas fairground staple for sure.

Discovering-the-Original-Frito-Pie-in-Santa-Fe-NM-recipe-BoulderLocavore.com-.jpg

Even after you've seen it?

(Note to t3ch: this is a joke, I make jokes)

It's ok, jokes don't always come off, happens to the best of us.

I can't believe my cat food one didn't get a proper reaction.

a great comfort food, really takes me back home. the most common way you see it served is straight out of the bag; a texas fairground staple for sure.

Discovering-the-Original-Frito-Pie-in-Santa-Fe-NM-recipe-BoulderLocavore.com-.jpg

It's ok, jokes don't always come off, happens to the best of us.

I can't believe my cat food one didn't get a proper reaction.

Sick bags are colourful in America, aren't they?

We have the ability to throw crisps and shite cheese into a batch of chilli, yeah. As most of us haven't lost our mind, we choose not to.

My Da spends a lot of time in Texas these days. His verdict on the scran is "loads of it, but it's mostly tasteless shite".

We have the ability to throw crisps and shite cheese into a batch of chilli, yeah. As most of us haven't lost our mind, we choose not to.

My Da spends a lot of time in Texas these days. His verdict on the scran is "loads of it, but it's mostly tasteless shite".

Harsh man. I had some great Mexican food in Houston a few weeks ago. Granted it was Mexican food, cooked by a Mexican chef in a Mexican restaurant, but it was very good.

Don't shoot the messenger! I've not been (I will have to at some point, preferably when it's not 38 degrees)

He reckons the steaks are boss but everything else, meh. It's just filler. And the portions are proper mental. No-one needs that much food.

This is nearish Dallas btw (Allen).

Been at work all day, so going simple tonight.
I have a pork chop bigger than me on the griddle, chips, big fat fuckers, heinz beans and fried mushrooms, oh yes and two slices of bread and butter for the chip and bean butties, i make a lorra lorra chips when i make them.

You would classify frito as as a crisp? not really the same thing as a normal chip.

either way a lot of shit talk goin on here for someone siding with a person who can't find good food in texas, I mean holy fuck. can you not find any decent chips or kababs in england either?

He reckons the steaks are boss but everything else, meh. It's just filler. And the portions are proper mental. No-one needs that much food.

This is nearish Dallas btw (Allen).

The portions are big for sure, but it's just kinda like that in the south. I lived in Allen for several years, it's kind of out toward the boonies and is very suburban, but there are plenty of very quality stops for food in Plano, Richardson, McKinney, etc.... haven't been for a bit, it was still developing when I lived there so not exactly up on the latest Allen trends but I'm sure it's grown significantly and isn't wanting for good spots to eat.

large immigrant and transplant populations in that area of dallas, so a lot of good mexican, vietnamese, chinese, jewish, and cajun options on top of the normal stuff like steak/burgers, bbq, and tex-mex.

Woah woah woah. I'm sure I could find somewhere ok to eat. My old man is 63 this month, this changes the landscape somewhat. I don't bloody live there, I'd die after about 10 minutes in your sun.

tell him to stop going to chain restaurants, get the yelp app, and quit talkin shit. :steam:

:devilsmile:

When I graduated from the fire academy it was the middle of summer. we have entirely different constitutions. :icon_lol:

I honestly have no idea where they go (although he does have tacos for breakfast sometimes, which just seems mental to me).

Like I say, eventually I will have to go. I just hope it's like Love Actually where all the girls just love British accents (although what the fuck my accent is, who knows. Answers on a postcard)

breakfast tacos are a gift from god. especially if you go to a quality place where they make the tortillas fresh, oh my god it is so good. it's not too mental, not that much different from what you might see in a typical diner breakfast. eggs, toast/tortilla, potatoes, veg, sauce/salsa. it is absolutely amazing. I'm also a big fan of savory kolache's for breakfast (sausage jalapeno!), which are hard-to-find to non-existent outside of the area. stem from the polish population that settled decades ago. you can get them at any donut shop (of which are there are millions).

the girls will 100% love a british accent, but if it's a thick black country one you may be in for a rough go of conversation. talk slower. :icon_lol:

Harsh man. I had some great Mexican food in Houston a few weeks ago. Granted it was Mexican food, cooked by a Mexican chef in a Mexican restaurant, but it was very good.

the cooks are gonna be mexican regardless of what type of restaurant you go to, mate.

the girls will 100% love a british accent, but if it's a thick black country one you may be in for a rough go of conversation. talk slower. :icon_lol:

Haha, I absolutely do not sound like that :icon_lol:

Haha, I absolutely do not sound like that :icon_lol:

Bizarrely in my experience Americans think the West Midlands accent sounds Australian.

Not wholly a bad thing as trying to explain you don't live anywhere near London or know the queen is as tiresome as Jinky's matchday bleating.

Back