• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

I'm gonna have to try that Belgian Kriek. Sounds odd but nice.

They have this one in Waitrose:

BMBOKR37.5_1.png

Wonder if you could use that in the Black Forest Gateau itself as a substitute for Kirsch?

Wonder if you could use that in the Black Forest Gateau itself as a substitute for Kirsch?
It's pretty sour so not sure if you'd want that in the actual desert.

When I said sour cherry beer, I meant a sour beer flavoured with cherry, more than beer flavoured with sour cherries.

It works brilliantly with a rich chocolate desert as the sourness provides contrast to the sweetness - you might not want that constrast directly in the gateau?

Machin, you are Jilly Goolden, I claim my prize :)

Look matey I've already overlooked the fact you shop at Waitrose so lets leave this before we both say something we regret

:)

Look matey I've already overlooked the fact you shop at Waitrose so lets leave this before we both say something we regret

:)

I don't shop in Waitrose unless it's for beer :icon_lol:

made some fkn amazing frito pie tonight

bring on the smarmy comments you mf's

GLlC2DK.jpg

for people who claim to enjoy chili, you guys sure seem to have a lot of shitty comments to make anytime I post after making it. :hmmm:

Does chilli have cubes of meat in it over in the colonies ??

it's steak chili yes wtf do you guys make chili out of, lettuce?

matter of fact that particular batch last night was done with chuck, just not ground.

Looks like something they'd serve up in Guantanamo Bay.

Nah - I often make chilli with big dice of beef if I am cooking it slowly.

Anyway tonight I am just bashing a quick neapolitana sauce with a little chilli for piquancy. Smother some tagliatelle in that and it is going to be ace.

Chilli Con Carne is mince meat, but you can 'chilli-up' other foods.

I make the finest Chillin Con Carne on the planet, so I know these things.

Mushroom risotto tonight - not bad, but think I may have cooked it a bit longer than I should as was a bit dry

Back