• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

My mum cooks chicken curry in a slow cooker, I think mostly for convenience as we're both out for about 12 hours during the day. It's delish!

Think a slow cooker is all about convenience. I've done curries in one and they have turned out great. Never do them any longer than 5 hours though. It's just sometimes nice to come home, open the door, and know that dinner is done. Bung in a Uncle Ben's 90 minute rice pkt and eat. For working moms and dad's, and for people who like to spend their free time not in the kitchen, slow cookers are ideal.

A little Mexican restaurant opened up by work a few weeks ago, the 2 Mexican people I have been working with state it's the closest to traditional Mexican food they have had since working in Tennessee.
So gonna take Lora and the kids there instead of some "chain" themed restaurant. I wonder if they will opt for the cow cheek or tongue... :D

There just is no need.

Curry isn't about a long slow cook really.

One pot on the top of the oven and the longest bit is slowly getting the onions going. Once that is done, the rest of the cook should always be reasonably quick. 10 hours in a slow cooker isn't going to be of benefit to the taste, and is usually detrimental to the texture of the meat
Yep. If you want to braise tough cuts of meat, then a slow cooker is an option. Otherwise bang it in a casserole in the oven on a low light.

Strangely enough when I've been to reastaurant for a meal they never say "Thank you for your order, it will be ready in 8 hours".

Anyway, curry today. I cooked the main dish for Friday and all the lovely bits that were left have been improving in the fridge. So on the top of the oven today I am making a lovely Sag Aloo, and we will have rice, naans, poppadums and so on.

It is basically a chicken jalfrezi but with the wick turned down a bit so that it doesn't kill mini.

this thread always makes me hungry...

Did chicken sharwarma earlier. It were bostin'.

Good news is that I've a fuckload of leftovers for meals this week so won't have to cook much.

Today, having a go at Beef Pad Thai with Peanut Sauce & Spicy Thai Noodles.

Anyone, you know the orange chips you get from Majors ( I think it's called in Bilston) what makes them orange, is it just the kind of oil they fry them in??

Back