• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Last night I got home late and knackered from work. Sat down with a culpa and watched Greek master chef, though appalling it inspired.
I made chicken breast sliced, green peppers, onions, garlic, sultanas, bacon, and mushrooms in the wok and sprinkled blue cheese all over at the end. Boiled new potatoes in the jackets, peeled them sliced them, and fried them hot and fast, gravy made with beef cubes, soy and teriyaki sauce, (just a little) and it was the dogs bollocks. I am in love with blue cheese.

Sultanas and blue cheese - Pulls rancid face

From the guy who either chucks salad cream or mint sauce on everything.

I know slow cookers aren't liked by a few on here and I dont really understand why not. Anyway, yesterday I made homemade bread for the first time ever, in me slow cooker. Bloody delicious. Was a bit dubious to try it, but it's so easy. Just make sure you get your timing right.

I know slow cookers aren't liked by a few on here and I dont really understand why not. Anyway, yesterday I made homemade bread for the first time ever, in me slow cooker. Bloody delicious. Was a bit dubious to try it, but it's so easy. Just make sure you get your timing right.

Only downside, you don't get a crusty finish on it. Also bunged it under broiler for a few minutes to give it some colour. Other than that, it was lovely.

Langers - Can you share your favourite slow cooker recipes?

Maybe worth a new thread.

We have got a lovely slow cooker which is hardly ever used.

Thanks

Depending on the brand of your slow cooker, I may be able to help you Hereford

Sam, slo cookers are great! I've had lemon chicken in mine this afternoon. Been out bowling, came back home to a lovely smell of cooking. Potatoes and beans are on, and I'm starving!

as well as curries or casseroles or stews or soups, cooking extra pasta, having spare spuds for a potato salad, making your own salad boxes, all cracking ways to have a nutritious and tasty lunch at minimal cost.

You can cook lemon chicken in the same time it takes to cook spuds!

Last night I got home late and knackered from work. Sat down with a culpa and watched Greek master chef, though appalling it inspired.
I made chicken breast sliced, green peppers, onions, garlic, sultanas, bacon, and mushrooms in the wok and sprinkled blue cheese all over at the end. Boiled new potatoes in the jackets, peeled them sliced them, and fried them hot and fast, gravy made with beef cubes, soy and teriyaki sauce, (just a little) and it was the dogs bollocks. I am in love with blue cheese.

I am in love with blue cheese too Pav, only for me tonight's selection is of 3 different blues, crackers, grapes, and a chilled white wine. Bostin.

I am a complete amateur in regards to cooking, though I do use a slow cooker. Why should I not cook a curry in a slow cooker?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

There just is no need.

Curry isn't about a long slow cook really.

One pot on the top of the oven and the longest bit is slowly getting the onions going. Once that is done, the rest of the cook should always be reasonably quick. 10 hours in a slow cooker isn't going to be of benefit to the taste, and is usually detrimental to the texture of the meat

My mum cooks chicken curry in a slow cooker, I think mostly for convenience as we're both out for about 12 hours during the day. It's delish!

Back