• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

That is very kind.

My brother was a chef for a couple of years (only a Beefeater) when I was head barman. Gosh - that is over 20 years ago now. I was appalling as a cook. I mean REALLY REALLY BAD. I could have burned water. Eventually I decided in my head that just simply was not good enough so I immersed myself in cooking info, be it books, programmes, websites, it really didn't matter. From that I like to think I have become just about passable. My brother came back from Oz and watched me chopping an onion correctly and asked if I was an imposter!

Lots of work to do to become good, but my food makes Squeeze and the kids have smiles on their faces, so that is pretty amazing.

Lots of work to do to become good, but my food makes Squeeze and the kids have smiles on their faces, so that is pretty amazing.
When you post on here about meals you are cooking, they always sound really tasty and you sound like you are enjoying what you are cooking.

Making people smile when you serve them a meal is a great feeling.

To ensure crispy skin, dry the fillets with kitchen roll before seasoning them with salt.

Don't put too much oil into the frying pan and make sure it has a chance to get hot before adding the fillets.

Also score the skin and place in pan skin down whilst applying light pressure on the flesh part of the fillet to prevent it curling. Do not overcook!!!!

Cheers man

Mike-Myers-Gives-a-Big-Thumbs-Up-and-Smile-In-Waynes-World.gif

maybe you should think of opening your own catering business for special events Paddy..

Wait, do you mean dry the fillets before you cook them??

wipe them dry, will get more crisp..before frying

All this talk of fish, I've been to the chip shop for a proper battered cod and some mushy peas!

It's a bit meh. I prefer haddock to cod. Cod is ok in other dishes tbf.

Belting dinner tonight. Pasta with bacon, mushrooms, basil, pesto and creme fraiche topped with parmesan.

Took less than 20 minutes and both kids ate a full helping.

I'll be making that again.

Sounds nice. I love pasta but can rarely be arsed to cook it.

We had steak and a bottle of wine, and it cost me £25.

Though I must admit the chef in the restaurant did an excellent job...

Shredded duck, spring onion and hoisin sauce pancakes. Magic.

Duck was pre-shredded but I assembled them all on my own :D

Back