• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Brisket of beef, spuds, veggies and yorkies. However not a trace of mint sauce in sight.

I make it fresh when required. That stuff in a jar is shite. I have mint sauce with lamb.

Egg and chips with bread and butter for butties.

Did chicken in basil, garlic, tomatoes and butter with pasta just now. Fantastic.

5c023af937b2864c10f9653f9e36a2ac.jpg

Questions for the chefs:

Cooking some Sea Bass fillets tonight - skin on or skin off?

Skin on. Make sure it's nice and crispy.

Always always skin on. You want the crispness of the skin to contrast with the soft give of the flesh.

To ensure crispy skin, dry the fillets with kitchen roll before seasoning them with salt.

Don't put too much oil into the frying pan and make sure it has a chance to get hot before adding the fillets.

Also score the skin and place in pan skin down whilst applying light pressure on the flesh part of the fillet to prevent it curling. Do not overcook!!!!

To ensure crispy skin, dry the fillets with kitchen roll before seasoning them with salt.

Don't put too much oil into the frying pan and make sure it has a chance to get hot before adding the fillets.

Also score the skin and place in pan skin down whilst applying light pressure on the flesh part of the fillet to prevent it curling. Do not overcook!!!!

THIS IS THE BEST ADVICE YOU CAN GET.

Back