• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Recipes went in here.

Do a Beef Bourgignon. Or maybe a chili but with chunky diced beef rather than mince. Slow cookers are great at those.

DO NOT do a curry, or Leeds will be very cross.
:icon_lol:

A recipe thread might be a goer.

I would have to create a new one and then copy and paste over all the recipes that are in this thread which would take a while, but might not be a bad start.

If you were to do so, I know I for one would be hugely grateful, & would no doubt be making additions. However if it is too cumbersome/time consuming, no worries, I'll have a proper search.

If you want to do a slow cooker curry, go for it. It's hassle free and if you're using beef, it can cook it superbly. They're very very convenient things.

If you were to do so, I know I for one would be hugely grateful, & would no doubt be making additions. However if it is too cumbersome/time consuming, no worries, I'll have a proper search.

Don't be so polite. MAKE HIM DO IT.

If you want to do a slow cooker curry, go for it. It's hassle free and if you're using beef, it can cook it superbly. They're very very convenient things.
Good quality beef doesn't need slow cooking.

You still have to prep for the slow cooker! However as you prep you cook.

Totally depends on the cut as well.

I could slow cook some brisket very happily. Anyone slow cooking a fillet should be fucking crucified.

Flank is good for slow cooking. Sliced up with some veg, soy sauce, brown sugar and anything other spices you fancy.

Good quality beef doesn't need slow cooking.

You still have to prep for the slow cooker! However as you prep you cook.

Yes but I can prep in the morning meaning far less to do in the evening when I've had a full day at work and 2 kids to sort out on my own. It's very convenient.

I reckon I use it for around 25% of the meals I cook. That goes down a lot in the summer months.

Yes but I can prep in the morning meaning far less to do in the evening when I've had a full day at work and 2 kids to sort out on my own. It's very convenient.

I reckon I use it for around 25% of the meals I cook. That goes down a lot in the summer months.
Prep and cook in the morning at the same time. Let it rest and add the finishing touch at teatime.

Brisket in a beef curry?

No - I was just talking about cuts in general that could be in a slow cooker. To be honest I only make a beef curry VERY VERY rarely. Usually I make curries with chicken, prawns, lamb or vegetables. For instance I fucking love making Sag Aloo. Reminds me - must bung that up on the recipe thread...

Hand dived Jersey Coquilles St Jacques for tea tonight.

It was my better half's birthday yesterday so I made her a mushroom curry from a Madhur Jaffrey recipe.

An absolute triumph. So easy, no expensive ingredients needed and takes less than half an hour including prep time.

I've looked that up Langers and it seems really nice. Mrs HW is a vegetarian so its now been added to my recipe list.

I keep all my recipes on Pepperplate.com - so simple and really easy to use.

Did a very nice pork tenderloin last night with rosemary, mustard, honey, orange juice and a bit of stock to make a sauce. Studded it with garlic too. A TRIUMPH.

I had cheese & onion crisp sandwiches. With salad cream. It was also a TRIUMPH!

0dd155dc7e244894402ae88bd6cb29fe.jpg

Back