• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Vik Mackay is a fantastic character and Walton Goggins' Shane Vandrell is great too.

Vik Mackay is a fantastic character and Walton Goggins' Shane Vandrell is great too.

I liked them all, Lem was good and Ronnie came good. Dutch was a touch of genius and Julien added some real depth.

Nice one. How many season are there? Three?

A fourth starts in Jan '13. It's a weird dynamic between the main good guy and main bad guy as they're kind of mates but on opposite sides of the law. One says that the other is his only friend.

Got the first two coming down now, I'll get the third while we're watching those. I like Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins so should enjoy this.

Got the first two coming down now, I'll get the third while we're watching those. I like Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins so should enjoy this.

It's called Justified because he's trigger happy, so it's good!

Have you seen Rescue Me? Best series I've ever seen along with The Wire.

Have you seen Rescue Me? Best series I've ever seen along with The Wire.

Nope, haven't seen either of those. I think I tried The Wire once but as it was halfway through a season I couldn't get interested. I'll give them a shot.

Watched the pilot of revolution and wasn't that impressed, wasn't taken in by any of the characters and thought the episode as a whole was predictable.

I was far more impressed by the first episode of Copper and I'm hopeful that it'll get better with the people attached to it.

Good news Bear - we will actually start watching Man Men soon!!

Sorry for keeping it for so long...!

Just watching the 1st episode of the Walking Dead after my brother has badgered me into watching it, not a huge fan of horror so still find the thought of zombies a bit yerhhhhhh.

Good news Bear - we will actually start watching Man Men soon!!

Sorry for keeping it for so long...!
No problem. Stick with it, it's the best character drama since Sopranos and The Wire IMO.

I still like "The Likely Lads".....sorry

That'll be because it is fantastically well written and the two lead characters are 'familiar'. It turns up on Gold or somesuch channel every now and then and I can't turn it off. It is surely one of the greatest British sit coms of all time.

Just watching the 1st episode of the Walking Dead after my brother has badgered me into watching it, not a huge fan of horror so still find the thought of zombies a bit yerhhhhhh.

Stick with it. The Walking Dead is a massive phenomenon which started with Robert Kirkman's comic published through Image. It recently reached its 100th issue, and is one of the best performing modern indie comics to date. Kirkman's writing on the whole is stellar, and while the TV show deviates quite a bit from the comic book it's no bad thing. The story is more based on human interaction in the face of a holocaust, the zombies are actually quite incidental, but being a big zombie fan it's a massive plus to me. The series is very character driven and I guarantee you'll get into it as it's bloody brilliant, season 3 is due to start on FX just after Halloween I believe and it's looking like it'll be the best one yet.

Cracking TV.

Back